USA Winter Run

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Tri4

USA Winter Run

Post by Tri4 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:33 am

IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg
:lol: I stumbled onto a budget flight to the USA a couple of months ago, booked the flight as soon as I found it, the cheapest fights were sold out in 3 hours, it came as a bit of a shock to me as I had decided this year,, no trips!!, but this was to good to pass up, even with almost no pocket money. Owning my own bike here is a bonus also having great friends to visit is a double bonus, I can live with riding the roads, talking photo's and talking to the locals, fuel price is a lot lower than home, the food as well, excessive amounts for what you pay. My co-poilet and photographer is not here, so most of the photo's I post will be where I stop for fuel or what-ever.
As I never notified everyone here til last minute, the bike service was a week late, so I spent time with an old mining partner I last worked with in 1980, our drinking and indiscretions were rehashed and discussed in depth, over a few beers of corse, it is much later in the year than most of my visits with winter fast approaching, the rain is off and on makes for better planing with the temperatures lowering all the time.
With short rides over the now familiar Hwy 20 the old 'pony express' route and Hwy 49 which appears to have no end, I relish the fact I can drop into the "wrong side of the tracks, err, roads" almost naturally, like the NT some realistic road speed limits make for magical riding trips.
An enjoyable week with Keithsb and Tiffani down Santa Margarita way, has been great after a very interesting trip down on I-80 to Hwy 101, heading for Creston, then lost my way for three hours looking for the ranch, but the roads were one lane through the coastal range, up an down twisting turns no drama's all added to another great enjoyable unforgettable experience. As Keith is heading back to their fishing boat tomorrow I am contemplating which highway to ride back to Sacremento I think I might take Hwy 101 there are some sections I will try to get photo's of, although I almost always try to ride a different road this might be the exception,..
Watch for updates
Gerry

KeithinSB

Re: USA Winter Run

Post by KeithinSB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:44 am

It's always great to catch up with you Gerry!
Thanks for the help with the welding of my new beer maker and all the good times!
Hope to catch up again soon!
Ride it like you can fix it.

Skip
Interests: My beautiful wife...our dogs..shooting..motor bikes..Aussie Rules [ Richmond Tigers ]..tattoos

Post by Skip » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Cool..Good to see you both had a good time..I love going to the USA & can't wait for the next trip..went last year & probably again in '019.
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Mate..!! You dont stay in one spot too long, do ya.? Waiting for the next instalment, onya Gerry. :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:10 am

Can't stay to long or everyone will get to know me and my weakness' so its onward and upward, I think the big trips will have to be a bit further apart after this one as the family is starting to wonder, but the highway do's beckon me always, and I know it is the most enjoyable pastime there is (with your clothes on), All the old songs I grew up with, run through my mind while riding the highways, and takes me back to a happy place long past. The friends I have made over here make this possible, my eternal thanks to them, The rain was here yesterday, the guys I was to ride with all pulled out of the planed ride and BBQ, they said work stuff had to be done,,,,,, but I wonder???
Shiney side up
Gerry

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:49 am

I'll try to get up the last lot of photos you sent Jerry... just been flat out and only a few short business rides... very jealous!!!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 am

Just a quick note to all, I have finished my trip and am back in Oz, I am having the 'Devils own job' trying to put photo's on the site, which follows not being able to log-on to the site while I was in the US, now I am trying to catch up on unattended and neglected work and maintenance around the house and yard, squeezed one ride in last weekend to see a departed friends family, so not the happiest ride.
I will get to the bottom of the "not being able to post" issue and get this updated as soon as I can, stay tuned I will get this story told (and shown)
Thanks Guys

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:59 pm

A lot later which equates to colder riding this year, so not getting the road miles in I normally do, but the great friends I have here makes it all worthwhile!!
I got a few on the 'road snaps' while visiting some locations, of everyday happenings as we see while out and about, this one while leaving a small bar where lunch and beer for five was $100, gotta be happy with that!

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:17 am

On the highway always on the lookout, not always quick enough to get the ‘good’ ones, though I keep trying

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:25 am

Shopping carparks are usually worth a wander around, sometimes there are some gems there, most times these weathered old timers have a lot of interesting stories to telling makes for interesting conversation, I just wish my head would let me remember the conversations for future reference

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:34 am

I'v been struggling to get my photo's posted, thank goodness for grandsons otherwise you would see these, I will proberly have to wait till he has the time to help me again, have patience I will get there.
Gerry

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:18 am

]One of our local towns, would you believe "Grass Valley" there are a few tell-tale clues with most of the locals.
IMG_0731.jpg
s

Harley dealerships are great places to visit, I pulled in here to get directions and ended up getting free hot dogs and 'soda', along with conversations about Aussie 'slang' with the counter staff. Then another hour taking photo's. Very enjoyable way to pass the time!

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:28 am

IMG_0013.jpg
One of the rare 'on the road' pictures' from the California run!!

An "in the shed" shot another CA member Keithsb another mega talented hand. We got a couple of rides in while visiting, on one ride we got to visit the Pozo saloon,(It was closed though) On a previous visit there were some live bands including "Canned Heat" the place was really rocking, rolling around the countryside is about as good as it gets. Good time great people and fun times.

Back soon Gerry

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:52 am

I have to wonder how many more winters I can ride, the cold sends my hands numb, even in the summer the rain gives me a lot of grief..

Tri4

Post by Tri4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 am

I was invited to the opening of the 'Sinbads MC No-Cal ' new clubhouse, and I was allowed to take photo's! Although we arrived late food and beer was still plentiful and I managed to catch up with a few guys I sometimes miss for various reasons, still not a lot of early choppers anywhere, and if I do see them it is almost impossible to catch up with. The ride back to the ranch is always a highlight through the Sierra Nevada's, great mountain roads, and always a biker bar or two along the way
Gerry

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”