Finally!

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
tigerbob

Finally!

Post by tigerbob » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 pm

After 9.5 years of ownership, my 1971 Bonny has finally been registered and taken for it's maiden voyage.

I bought this bike as a project about 2 months before leaving Adelaide for Canberra (although I didn't know that at the time) where I stayed for 3 years (= 3 years too long) before moving to Sydney and having a shoulder destroying accident, living in a 3rd floor unit etc, etc... and that was the easy part of the journey!

Getting the bike registered was a drama as I'd lost all paperwork in the 7 or so moves since leaving Adelaide and there was no rego history at all for it as the bike has apparently never been registered before!

The frame number was also deemed 'unreadable' so it had to be 're-identified' by the RTA. There were many other dramas that I can't be bothered detailing but persistence paid off and I now have it on the road (thanks to my partner who kicked my but when I ran out of steam and was ready to throw in the towel).

So here's the photo taken at a pie shop north of Sydney that is a popular motorcycle and car hangout on the old Pacific Highway.

I only took one photo unfortunately and it still needs a bit of fine tuning but at least it's a 'legitimate' now!

So what does this have to do with choppers??? Now that this bike is sorted I will most likely sell it in future so I can get going on my chopper project again as it has been stalled for over 5 years!

This is the project I'm referring to:

'94 Dyna Convertible
'73 TR6 Tiger - chopper under construction
'71 T140v Bonneville

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Finally!

Post by Prof » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:12 am

Well you have a good start on it, so we'll watch with interest.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Tri4

Re: Finally!

Post by Tri4 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 pm

Hey that certainly looks like a sweet project, have a great time with the build. I know about the photo's I am hopeless at taking them, seems I can't even remember my camera.

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”