Hahndorf Swap Meet

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Hahndorf Swap Meet

Post by Prof » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:54 am

Took off early to the Hahndorf Swap Meet. Cool riding, but a clear gradually lightening sky augering for a hot day once the sun got fully up. After a delightful half hour ride I pulled up at the entrance, paid my $5 and was given the go-ahead to park on the lawn just inside the entrance. I got permission to put up our Choppers Australia flag and that done. grabbed my bags and a handful of pancakes I'd cooked the day before and went shopping.

Not a lot of motorcycle gear there, but enough to make it worthwhile going. there were some nice vehicles driven by the stall holders including this Valiant...

and this Chev...

I missed getting a photo of a very tidy BSA OIF Lightning for sale. Not far away was this unit OIF Triumph going for $2200. Heads and carbies are missing but most of the rest seems to be there. Call Rolly on 0424 107 522 if you are interested...

This 883 Evo Sporty is also for sale and had some interested prospects but no deposits yet. Asking $5200. Call Bob and Martha on 08 8555 4062

Some WLA bits and older HD gear...

I was intrigued by this inventor's take on Octo straps. They have a website. The rubber is top quality with double braiding. He has a variety of ends and all are adjustable... to my mind a great idea...

I thought some of you might be interested in his occy straps for roof racks. They have a shaped loop on one end. The other is simply looped over the load slipped under the opposite end of the rack and pulled back across and slipped back through the wire loop. Very quick and easy...

Here's a closeup...

I meant to photograph a couple of other interesting stalls but forgot. Terry arrived on his XS650 chopper an hour after me and we caught up and walked around the rows of stalls together. He's just put new Mikunis on and still has some fine tuning to do, but the bike is starting and running pretty well. We were parked along side and cute little 65 Triumph Spitfire sportscar and got taling to the lady owner who'd sold her Royal Enfield to buy the car. Her hubby rides also so she can hop on the back with him when she wants to. She sat on our bikes and really appreciated their low seats. Choppers were and unknown world to her. Another pic I forgot to take...

Over the years I have set a trend of parking at the entrance and each time before long our choppers attract a bunch of other bikes including these Brit jobs, just trhree of a dozen or so who rolled up at the swap meet...

Terry and I rolled out of the place around 11am and took back roads (mostly unsealed and in places quite potholey) and came back to Willunga via Jupiter Creek gold diggings close to where I spent my first 7 years and then into Kangarilla behind the Mount Bold Reservoir. The ride home was real cruisy and most pleasant.

Bob and Martha had offered to bring home a couple of wheels I'd bought and rolled up 10 minutes after us. Bob hadn't seen Paul's shovel so we got that out and he had a blast up the road. I couldn't talk Martha into it (she used to drag race a shovel) and reckoned she'd stick with her sporty.

A good time once again... how can being on the road on your chopper be anything but!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”