Blyth Overnighter Jan 2017...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Blyth Overnighter Jan 2017...

Post by Prof » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Kevin Narrates...

Six CA members, Kevin, Rob 1, Rob 2, Terry, Simon and Mick took the weekend off met at Gawler and headed up towards Clare...

We left Saturday lunchtime. Weather was beautiful but warming up so we didn't need jackets. We took it easy and stopped frequently especially for the blokes addicted to the baccy stick!

Next stop Tarlee...

Out of Auburn Mick and Simon disappeared and I headed back to found out they'd missed a turn. When I'd collected the two strays and rolled back into Auburn the others were sitting under the pub porch quaffing their beers.

At Clare, we bought our goodies to BBQ and a bunch of Harleys, one XS chopper and one Hunter took off through the hills and then down the long slope into Blythe.

BBQ was great and followed by a happy time before hitting the sack at Midnight or so. Bowls club guys actually said we should have come to their establishment, so that's on the cards for next time.

Sunday morning Simon got up at 6.30 and we all ended up getting out of our bags, packing up and were gone by 7am!
Breakfast in Clare consisted of 5 iced coffees and one cuppa tea.

The day was shaping up to be very hot, but leaving at this time though a little chilly for starters meant a glorious ride home in perfect weather. I rolled into my shed at 11am just as the mercury was beginning to rise.

Everyone thought it was a great little ride and are eagerly waiting for the next one...

Kevin

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”