Batman rides a chopper...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Batman rides a chopper...

Post by Prof » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm

A couple of months ago, Terry and I cruised into the city to checkout the Adelaide Toy Fair. Coming back to our choppers, we were met by Batman himself. He was pretty keen to try out Terry's XS with a view to having really cool transport instead of those crappy movie sleds he gets about in...

My old CB550 in the background...

Terry finally had to sweet talk Batman off his machine, so we could make a move. We went our separate ways and I once more had the ultimate ride home... after all you can't top a well set up chopper.

The 550 has 10.5 extended forks (a 70's narrow springer is waiting to go on when I get some time) and 45 degree rake. It sails through the curves like its on rails and leading the rider rather than the other way around... just rides itself and fantastically stable on the straights and takes sand and mud in its stride... been doing all this on an unmodified headstem area and 35mm forks which makes a laughing stock of the 550 ridikulus rool!

Used to do wheel stands on it as well back in the day, but now too mindful of breaking chains and 45 year old gear trains! Aside from the lack of grunt, it is surely one of the nicest choppers I have enjoyed riding.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”