2017 Bike Expo at Lockleys, SA

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

2017 Bike Expo at Lockleys, SA

Post by Prof » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Last Sunday I set up a CA stall at the Lockleys Bike Expo & Swap Meet. Meant another early start... in fact I got there earlier than I needed to. Could have had an extra half hour in blissful slumber, but what the heck was outasight to be on 'Old Faithful" once again heading off into the dark cold morning.

Kind traffic lights and virtually no traffic got me there in double quick time... 6.10am to be exact. Wayne rolled up soon after after a great ride down from Gawler. Grass was very wet and everyone got rather surprised (and needless to say much irritated) by hoards of hungry mozzies. I was quite amused by the bloke in the stall next to me calling his mate to bring the Aeroguard!

Fortunately once the sun threw a bit of warmth at us the mozzies fled.

I went for a wander soon as I'd set up our stall and took a bunch of photos of other stalls. Long shadows tell their own story...

Shannon's Goggomobile puttered around the expo a few times during the day leaving a trail of blue smoke from its noisy little two stroke motor...

New to Adelaide... go out in style...

This book stall a regular at all the swap meets...

Also has a selection of toys for those of us who want to still enjoy our child hood. Dunno! Why should we grow up anyway?

Lots of late model Harley stuff...

A number of stalls sold biker t shirts...

Bright powder coating was rather cool...

Z club was here again this year... some nice bikes. Always remember the first time I heard about this bitumen burner... Mates used to meet at Mazlins on Friday nights. One night a couple of blokes got off their CB750's muttering and carrying on about some bloke that creamed them repeatedly at the lights down Greenhill Road. Couldn't work out what it was. Maybe a MV Augusta? Anyway we all had no idea. The next week we found out. The Kawasaki Z1 had hit town and the CB750 chaps were no longer king of the castle!!...

Hard working Rotary folks who put the show on...

Vintage side car and 500/4...

A lot of blokes drool over this machine, but give me my old shovel chopper any day... this Suzy was a nice example of horsepower and speed...

A pile of old machines in pretty bad shape...

Terry rocked up to join us an hour later. We got a lot of interest in our choppers and Choppers Australia and spent much of our time talking with visitors...

Terry and Wayne decided by about 11am the weather was just too good to be sitting around and received plenty of looks as they fired up their machines (loud pipes save lives... if the car stereo is off!) and roared off and up the street.

Finally packed up at midday along with others and had a delightful ride home. The Expo was much bigger than last year and hopefully will be bigger again next year.

I was disappointed to not have more choppers on display but one bunch of CA had camped up north at Gladstone and another three went on a run to the South East. Thanks to Wayne and Terry for their interesting additions to our display.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”