Stripped TX in my shed

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com
Oldman Prof

Stripped TX in my shed

Post by Oldman Prof » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Make what you can,only buy what you HAVE to

Big D

Post by Big D » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:58 am

i spy , a 1981 model japanese import GS 750 G ( originally only available in Japan ) in the corner .....
yeah ? is that going to become a chop project aswell one day ?

Oldman Prof

Post by Oldman Prof » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Big D,
I took that on as a favor to a neighbor,just to look at and because I had never seen a shaft on a GS750 before,somebody had not noticed a backfire/flame out in no.2+3 carbs and it stood like that for some time,long enough for the slides to seize firmly in the body's of the carbs, did get a set of similar carbs and used all the old jets and settings but have not got around to trying anything else until the owner decides what he want's to do with it.The motor does run and sounds beautiful but could not rev with the slides stuck in the carbs and I have offered the owner R2000(ZAR) which is about 291.4190 Australian Dollars,,,,he didn't say no,he want's time to think,,,so maybe I'm lucky,but I am thinking of a project if I get it but it will be to sell,I've seen to many problems while working on Suzuki's to want to own one but if it's anything like the 850shaft I may keep it around for a while.Apart from the carbs,the calipers are seized at the front and the battery box has been removed,other that that it's just cosmetics.

Anthony
Make what you can,only buy what you HAVE to

Return to “In The Shed Pics”