D's shed and GSX 1100 project

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com
Big D

D's shed and GSX 1100 project

Post by Big D » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:28 pm

ok- here goes starting my own thread about my shed and my GSX 1100 restore/chop project - early days.
this is what my shed looked like a cuppl days ago - very full and useless as a workshop
------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this is what it looked like today :
------------------------------------------------------------------------

started tearing down the GSX toady , this pic shows it as it was and has been since around 1999
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

and heres where i got to ,all lights removed, rear plastic splash guard removed, dash removed, old fairing brackets removed...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then , heres where i got to when i found, after removing the old fairing bracket that bolted to the head set, where the compliance plate is riveted to and found it to be all but destroyed.

so now im questioning if such a badly damaged compliance plate will affect rego etc for this frame in the future.. the stamped numbers are no longer visible - at all !
if anyone can enlighten me as to whether or not my frames compliance plate will give me troubles with rego/RTA etc etc , please let me know.
i may have to rethink how i will attack this project now, well see i guess....
thnx guys

Return to “In The Shed Pics”