Motor into Brians Chopper

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Motor into Brians Chopper

Post by Prof » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:29 pm

A few weeks ago I was talking on the phone with Brian about getting his xs chopper back together. He has a new motor for it and decided to do a frame tidy up and repaint. Motor was ready to go in but as the pics will show not easy for one guy especially with a crook back.

I offered myself and Glenn's help and then called Glenn who was pretty keen on the idea and a date was made. After work one night, I rode down to Glenn's and led him to Brian's. I took pics and made the appropriate noises while they did the work...

Brian unseen) is actually sliding in one of the engine bolts in this pic!

The triumphant(well yamaharial) result of an engine now in the frame was followed by a cuppa and then Glenn and I took off for home. One of the special things about Choppers Australia... guys with choppers meeting up and becoming mates... and helping each other.

In case you are interested, bike has 40 degree rake and 8" over forks... just outside the 550 rule. Front down tubes were lengthened about 3" (ie 3" upward stretch).
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Re: Motor into Brians Chopper

Post by Cromag » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:40 am

Tuff lookin stance on the bike..
Gets harder doing stuff like that as you get older aye......especially with the XS donk, whats it weigh about 136kgs or something? thats like stuffin me in there....but probably less of a fight.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

dg6oo2

Re: Motor into Brians Chopper

Post by dg6oo2 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:51 pm

xs,s do look better chopped.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Return to “In The Shed Pics”