My new chopper shed...errr..garage really

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com
doobinator

My new chopper shed...errr..garage really

Post by doobinator » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Got my first bike, couldn't be happier, man I am so stoked to finally have a bike under the house. It is the chopper garage at the moment as my other other mistress is in the shed. A 68 Mustang coupe.

It is a 95 250 Virago (just remember we all have to start somewhere) it was within budget and I really liked the way it looked after having a little work already done to it.

Image\

She's a little rough around the edges and needs some tidying up but she's all mine :D

This what she looks like at the moment, had to take the rear wheel off to get the fender off to fit the rear turn signals so that they had more than blue-tack holding them in, yes that's right blue-tack.

I do like the clubman style handle bars but I am thinking about some mild ape hangers to give it that real bobber feel. I think I will try my hand at a custom seat which will raise up the back guard about another 5 cm or so just to cover the indicator wires and fill the old rear seat holes and repaint the rear guard to give it a nice finish. Anyways it's my first bike and to be honest right now just keen to get it on the road.

wolfsbane
Interests: lots of stuff

Re: My new chopper shed...errr..garage really

Post by wolfsbane » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:15 pm

where you at might be interested in the bars mate
oh and cool mate if it has two wheels dosent matter what the size or make (unless its a moped lol)
"Fear not death, for the hour of your doom is set and none may escape it."
Wassa - Goldy

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:53 pm

At Browns Plains, won't get your hopes up just yet I'll wait till I have a good ride before I make a decision. I do like the club man bars but I have seen a fair few cool bikes with ape hangers cruising around lately which has got me thinking. I will say though if I do decide to change them I will give you first option for sure.

wolfsbane

Post by wolfsbane » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 pm

cheers mate im on the coast so no problem oh and let me know what type or size apes you want may be able to source some for
you
Wassa - Goldy

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Awesome, I am leaning towards them at the moment. The only thing I'm not sure of is what I do with the cables and stuff, obviously the would need to be longer I assume.

wolfsbane

Post by wolfsbane » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

yes quite a bit actually
Wassa - Goldy

junior123

Post by junior123 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Good stuff mate. I just got a GN 250 for $600, and its only missing a couple of little essentials. Should be on the road in a week or two. I'm going to bob it also, Keep the updates mate. And I will do the same. Cheers Mark

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 pm

No worries Mark, should have some more updates this weekend going to get the rear indicators mounted and the rear wheel back on. Guess I'll be leaving the clubman bars on until I work out the cable thing. I have a small sheet of aluminium so I'm going to try a custom seat as well.

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Back on two wheels. I will be cleaning up the "whitewalling" on the rear tyre tomorrow :roll:

junior123

Post by junior123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey mate, you check out my seat on my forum. Its "got my first bike. I will keep it updated fairly often, so you can follow it if you want.

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Well she;s ready for the road, got the tail light, indicators and number plate mount done. Hopefully the mechanic will be able to do the roady wednesday and rego will be thursday at the latest.

Paint and seat needs doing and I didn't get around to cleaning off the whitewall paint yet but she's ready to ride.

wolfsbane

Post by wolfsbane » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 pm

good work mate

Once your on the road wont be able to stop you
Wassa - Goldy

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:57 am

He he he got that right, man I am keen as mustard to riding. Already thinking about the next project. :D

doobinator

Post by doobinator » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Just remembered because I had the back wheel off I needed to a adjust the rear brake so of course I had to take it for a sneaky ride :D blew a fuse though so my indicators and brake light stopped working so had to high tail it back/k the safe confines of the shed.

Return to “In The Shed Pics”