My XS's

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com
nozila

Re: My XS's

Post by nozila » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Xsive - I own a track spec car which in the Motorsport scene is considered a money pit. So I know all about not being able to recoup money for what you have and/or how much you want when it comes to selling.

This interest of ours at the end of the day is a luxury.

For regards to the cost of the bike, if I was to spend xxx of money I would much rather purchase a HD. But I have 4 bikes, so cost is a major factor.

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 am

Ok sorry if if there was any misunderstanding regarding what this love of ours can cost ,but sometimes people starting out on there projects are unaware of the pit falls and blow outs of budgets that can and will occure .i think the post is valid as many other that read this site dont . as for cars my son is allso aware of what race spec cars can cost and is the reason why there is gtr nissan godzilla with four bald tyres blownclutch and no rego for 18mths sitting in my bbq area taking up my space. Cheers
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 pm

How's it going? nice bikes/ ideas . sure a bike is cool when its finished but a waste if you don't enjoy the getting their. Its only mon :D ey .
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Thu May 16, 2013 5:48 pm

How ya going with the bikes? you had some good ideas

nozila

Post by nozila » Fri May 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Nothing much has been done mate. At the moment, they are just that - ideas.

As a matter a fact, here is another idea I was thinking for the XS1100. The twin tube backbone has been chopped and in its place is a single tube, allowing for endless tank selection. Ideally, that would be what I want my XS1100 to look like if I justify the cost of chopping/welding done to the frame.

Here is a link to a video from where that screenshot was taken, sounds very nice with the exhaust note - not a HD but not bad for an inline 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXDLUEzCT0

The XS650 is getting its engine rebuilt. A 750cc kit has arrived but I wont be rephasing it.

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Fri May 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Sounds killer. Try to get a secondhand welder. usually $100 Ish arc anyway . probably. good idea to drag them down to andrews place . he had everything .
Catch ya

nozila

Post by nozila » Fri May 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Im sure he has everything but as I stated, not sure if I can justify cost of single tube/welding/chopping that it would cost. At end of the day, its a cheap bike that I got cheap. But can be made to something special. I dont think I would touch an Arc welder to this frame whatever the cost.

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri May 17, 2013 6:06 pm

i like the job that guys done on the big girl looks cool and sounds hot ,would not be to hard to do the r's end and most standard parts retained you could probably build it on a reasonable budget aswell.but if you want a bike to sound like a harley and by this i mean if you love the sound of the v twin the only way is to start with one :wink: my two cents worth is you have the donor bike go with it and copy this guys ideas as it is the greatest form of flattery there is for the original builder .cheers
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Fri May 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Sorry i ment mig. the gasless ones. Supercheap got them i recon.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri May 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Looked at a few of the other vids by that u tube one... some cool bikes and happy dudes.

The advantage of a cheap bike if it is 750cc or more and the motor is good is that the overall outlay is reduced. I have just been for a quick squirt on my CB750 It and any of the 80's fours will go all day two up at highway speeds for tens of thousands of miles. You do need to check for parts availability on some models but advantage of Hd's, CB750's & XS650s is that you can buy anything for them and the parts are reasonably priced.

Jon found a 1980 750 Suzuki 4 on gum tree for a song with a supposedly very good motor... If I didn't have half a dozen projects waiting to get done I'd buy it like a shot and give it the full treatment if parts were readily available.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

nozila

Post by nozila » Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Yeah, these Yamaha's aint bad bikes. The xs650 has a unique sound and the xs1100 has great grunt. I, too, dont want to be bodged down with project bikes as riding them is always better then working on them - for me anyways. Harley's will come later, there is always time for one of those - no rush. Pan or knucklehead would be nice or even an old indian although all three atm command big money from when I last looked that if there even for sale.

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Sat May 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Mate, that bike in the youtube clip sounds awesome.!! :shock:
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “In The Shed Pics”