Swap Meet Finds...

Your shed is where it all happens! Just a single photo and caption please. Use "Your chopper project" for sets of photos and explanation of your project Send photos and comments to andrew@choppersaustrali.com
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Swap Meet Finds...

Post by Prof » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 pm

All sorts of things turn up at swap meets. Amongst the old worn out tools, car parts & trinkets, mundane & modern we bikers occasionally pick up some real treasures from yesteryear, sometimes at unbelievable prices...

Victor's find...
Victor was rewarded for his early morning rising a month ago at Pooraka with a real old school HD piece of memorabilia...

It's a twin barrel S&S carb and aircleaner bought for a fraction of its overseas value He was hoping to put it on his 74 shovel chopper, but there seems to be a fitment problem...

Prof's find...
The following week I found a real treasure. It won't get sold. If I can get a second one it will probably go on one of my choppers , other wise be something set up for customers to drool over...

Its called a Pawn Light and was made by Ron Finch in the 70's. It could be side mounted on either side of the bike. First time I have seen one in the flesh...

Here's a poor picture of an advert from the May 1974 Choppers magazine...

Anyone else have some interesting swap meet specials they've found? How about hearing about them.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

harleyd4me

Re: Swap Meet Finds...

Post by harleyd4me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Hey Prof just found/purchased a finch pawn light. Grinning like a split watermelon. :D

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Swap Meet Finds...

Post by Prof » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:11 am

Lucky man. I'm hoping to find another one.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “In The Shed Pics”