Midnights brothers' and mate's bikes...

Pics of Australian Forum Members'choppers in the 60's & 70's... post or email your photos and commentary to andrew@choppersaustralia.com
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Midnights brothers' and mate's bikes...

Post by Prof » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 pm

This copied across from a post by Midnight 7503 in your chopper pics...

having to reformat this thing, I finally had to figure out how to use my scanner, so are attached a few pics of years gone by, my older brother Gregs bikes and 1 of his best mates, sadly he has passed, but his memory lives strong as it always should
late 70's if I remember correctly, not quite the best pic ever taken, but good for memories
early 80's this started as a Kwaka9 finished around 1138, and had a bad problem of never wanting to sit on 1 wheel either, and the same problem as Rob, forever looking for servo's
and Cheks, so yes we did associate with Harley riders at some time :lol: :lol: :lol:

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks Andrew, I looked for the link to OZ past, but I missed it, so ty for relocating it.
Les's Velo at lakeside raceway
one of the many xs or tx's
a 500/4
another Yammie
another 500/4
and another
lots more to come as he finds them, the sister inlaw hid them all many years ago, but he is finding them all slowly
Last edited by midnight7503 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:07 am

Great stuff.

There was not the equipment or knowledge available at that time and we were all in our teens and twenties, so pretty inexperienced.

There were some interesting "solutions" at times especially from some of the so called "chopper shops"!

Didn't even have access to 4" angle grinders, so the hacksaw blade companies did greatr business... so many busted blades and bleeding knuckles (when they snapped) !
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper pics from Oz past...”