Do you know anything about this 70's z900 chopper?

Pics of Australian Forum Members'choppers in the 60's & 70's... post or email your photos and commentary to andrew@choppersaustralia.com
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Do you know anything about this 70's z900 chopper?

Post by Prof » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:49 pm

G'day, my name is Ross.
This bike is a Kawasaki z900, it was owned by my uncle Roc back in the 70s, he took it off the the road around 1980, sold the front end & engine & has just been sitting in a garage ever since. It was known back in the day as The Pink Panther.
I actually bought the bike off my uncle in the late 80s but ended up reluctantly selling it to a friend of mine, I was 17 at the time.
We lost touch and basically never saw him or the bike again.
A few weeks ago I decided to see if I could track the bike down & find out what ever happened to it.
I got on the phone & started making a few calls.
Well after about a week & many ph calls I finally caught up with the old friend I sold it to & low & behold he still had the bike!
He reckons he just never got around to doing anything with it, so I asked him if I could buy it back off him, he said to give him a couple days to think about it.
After a couple days we spoke again & he decided he would let it go, & after 25 years I got the bike back!
I'm having a go at finding out a little more about the bikes history, like who built it & did the paint work on it originally back in the day? Worth a try I reckon. It is an SA bike.
Ring any bells?
Cheers, Ross
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper pics from Oz past...”