Full size custom pushbike chopper progress shot's.

Discuss your bike, modifications etc.
Timbo

Full size custom pushbike chopper progress shot's.

Post by Timbo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:21 am

This wideshot shows the general look of the thing!. I'ts all just tacked together @ the moment, but it's strong enough to sit on.

I had to roll it up and down the street a few times to check I made all the right measurements and that the steering geometry was true.

The Z bars turned out OK. Here I've mounted them to risers I picked up off one of those dirty little pocket bikes ! The pic isn't too good & doesn't really show this, but I've dimpled them all round. Went through many ale's grinding thise joins down, I did deep penetrating welds, ground em back, filled the holes, ground em back, filled the holes again, ground again, sanded , wire brushed, hopefully all will be well.

This gusset gives the frame added strength in case any oversize gents wanna take this sucker out !

I've also tacked in some added support for the crank housing, this is sure to stand up to any abuse which is sure to come after it's welded in right.

I'm going to spend quite a bit of time moulding the frame welds on this machine, I want it to come up schmik. The gearshift on one of these bikes is wasted on the handlebars, a simulated suicide shift is the go. My father in law has just picked up his first wood lathe so I hit him up for a gearknob for his first project ! It's made out of blackwood I found lyin around bushland closeby.

The whole front end will be chromed on this model, better start saving the readies, I'm sure it won't be cheap.

If it comes up well I might even go for a twin front disk setup. You cant buy any, so I anticipate I'll have to buy two hub's, split & join them & respoke the wheel. Sounds tedious but I'm the man for the job !

Those other bikes I've built attract lots of comments & attention on a cruise down to the local shops for the milk/bread run. This one's sure to do the same .

Tim
Rock on !

leverin

Post by leverin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:35 pm

good on u timbo it's all relavent to us motor guy's and i for one enjoy your
build picture's.keep up the good work. marty

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Practice...

Post by Prof » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:37 am

Looks like you're getting plenty of practice for the motorised version.

When I can get it out from behind a whole lot of equipment I'll take a pic of a chopper sidecar I built years ago and my kids got carted around in when they were little. It's pretty rough compared to your nice work, but it was quite functioal.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Very Cool, with a great stance

Timbo

mock up rideability

Post by Timbo » Fri May 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Took this sucker out wearing my Sunday best and fine tuned the steering, bars, gears & seating.

Gave it a coat of flat black after pulling it apart, might even leave it that way ! Another couple of months and it'll be all together and finished.

Rock on !

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sat May 27, 2006 2:26 pm

Great flicks.....

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

pb

Post by Prof » Sat May 27, 2006 5:21 pm

Looks like great fun. WE don't see any wild bikes like that down here... mores the pity...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

ShovelShane

Post by ShovelShane » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Lookin good, Gives me more ideas for the bikes i am building for my kids.

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:42 pm

yeah, shane

Building these machines for your kids is pretty rewarding. I've posted a couple of other pics of kids bikes I've built, and they can be done for the price of paint, sandpaper and welding rods.

I'd recommend just keeping the rake under 45deg for rideability, and don't lower the pedals more than an inch below what was standard on the bike your chopping to pieces.

And the kids love em
Rock on !

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:42 pm

Finally finished it
Shifter in a nice comfortable spot
The handlebar cap turned out OK from a piece of scrap bar
Now time to get out and do some K's and work OFF the bear gut that I've been working ON all winter !
Rock on !

SimonJ18

Post by SimonJ18 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:43 am

That is totally awesome Timbo, it has inspired my mate Brad and i to build a pushy each for the summer. We have a huge mountain of pushy spares, Brad's whole family are into BMX, freestyle and down hill. They have years worth or old frames, parts wheels etc.. even real old hand shift levers and funky brake setups etc.... Drop me a line if u need any hard to find parts! Keep those builds comign man, they are excellent!!

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:22 am

Nice work Timbo.........if i didnt dwell on the side of a cliff id consider havin a go myself, after seeing your efforts. Very Cool.

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:28 am

Simple, but very nice indeed!
A job well done sir. I'm really liking those handlebars.
Keep the good work up.... :)

Neo Dutch

Kool

Post by Neo Dutch » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:29 pm

Dude,

You are the Billy Lane of treadlies. Me likeeee.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Return to “chopper push bike chat and pics”