Full size custom pushbike chopper (the reaper ) shots

Discuss your bike, modifications etc.
Timbo

Full size custom pushbike chopper (the reaper ) shots

Post by Timbo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:08 pm

I just cant stop making these machines. Yeah, they're only pushbikes but what the hell, I'll post the snaps just in case somebody is interested.

The frame is 90% finished, I've lost most of the snaps I took before it was moulded and high filled, but they're here somewhere.

The rake is 43 degrees with a trail of about 3 inches

I'd better get to work on the lathe and turn up a few conical end caps, might even sit a couple on top of the bars here.

I'm gettin tired of the smell of filler dust, spray putty and primer, but it's the price you pay to silence the blow in critics that frequent the garage all the time. !!

More shots to come after the paint is on. The front end, all turned caps, nut and bolts, deraileur hanger ,gear lever & plates have to make the round trip to the electroplater. This time I'm gunna follow Andrews example and polish the hell out of all the steel before I take it there to lower the price of the job. Mad if you dont.
Rock on !

pommychopper
Site Admin

Re: Full size custom pushbike chopper (the reaper ) shots

Post by pommychopper » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:51 pm

Timbo wrote: but it's the price you pay to silence the blow in critics that frequent the garage all the time. !!
You'll find most critics cannot do what you can do Timbo, it's easy to criticise!!!

Like your work matey!!

Cheers :D

sks

Post by sks » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:11 pm

Last edited by sks on Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:18 pm

samks wrote:
Pommychopper wrote:
Timbo wrote: but it's the price you pay to silence the blow in critics that frequent the garage all the time. !!
You'll find most critics cannot do what you can do Timbo, it's easy to criticise!!!

Like your work matey!!

Cheers :D
Here here, I�m in workshops all day long with through work and criticising (link most sales reps) and I can�t do diddily squat! I reckon it looks brilliant but I wonder if you�ll be pulled up and hassled by the powers that be.
It's a push bike, surely they don't legislate against them too???? :o

sks

Post by sks » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:05 pm

Last edited by sks on Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement boys !! That'll keep me going again for another year or so !

Believe it or not, I was coasting down a hill ( riding that fat wheeled bobber bike in the other thread) without a helmet ( as you do ) and a silver commodore 100m in front of me lit up with it's red & blue flashers etc. Plain silver wrapper then slowed down almost to a stop and only continued on after he nearly broke his neck twisting his head it to view me as I went by.

Must of thought I was some kind of troublemaker or something !!! :)

@ least he had the decency to drive onwards once he made a mistake, but I did have the contingency plan ready anyway ( slim trail down into parkland !!!!
Rock on !

chopperal

Post by chopperal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Looks great Timbo.

wouldn't mind having a go at something like that myself.

cheers, al :)

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:51 pm

chopperal wrote:Looks great Timbo.
wouldn't mind having a go at something like that myself.
May as well chopperal, what have you got to lose ?

Here's some snaps of the finished product, rides like a treat !!!

Time for one more, I don't think so, a full scale v twin powered chop will soon be takin their place. The ball is rolling
Rock on !

chopperal

Post by chopperal » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Not a moment too soon I reckon Timbo.

Man that's one cool looking chop.
Gotta love the jockey shift! Old school through and through :lol:

Look forward to seeing progress on the V twin.

VMAX

Post by VMAX » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:58 pm

Excellent job Timbo!

I have been thinking of making one for my nephew. Always wanted one when I was a kid and now maybe I can close that chapter (a bit) by making one for someone else.

Is it best to start with an existing frame? or did you build from scratch?

Love the lines. the front end, the bars, the seat, the rear wheel.... in fact the whole thing!!!

If you can do that with a pushbike I cant wait to see what you will do with the motorized version!! :)

Keep it up!
G.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks VMAX , Chopperal

VMAX, If I was wearing your shoes I wouldn’t hesitate building one for your nephew. They cost nothing other than welding wire, cutting wheels, sandpaper, putty and spraypaint. If you mess up, who cares, so it’s stress free, no self righteous engineer with an attitude problem can keep you off the road when it’s done either !
VMAX wrote:Is it best to start with an existing frame? or did you build from scratch?
After making about half a dozen of these things now I can safely say that starting with an existing frame is the best bet, for two main reasons.

The old pushies you gather supply you with all the bearings, cranks, pedals, seats, deraileurs, chains, gear cables & levers etc. So you’ve virtually got all the hardware without having to buy or chase up jack s**t !

The headstems are really useful ( if you don’t cut the backbone or downtube off too close to that headstem ) for keeping the angle 100% spot on. By this I mean keeping the, backbone, downtube and headstem all straight in relation with each other and the forks. With this bike here I reckon I walked about 20kM up and down from the front to the back with plumbob’s hangin off it all over the place. This happened because I cut the downtube right off at the headstem and had to rely on my measuring etc to get it perfectly vertical, rather than leaving the standard config from the factory like I did with all the others. So I’d recommend saving yourself the hassle and leaving them together as one, and building the frame with VMAX attitude and style from there, down to the rear axle.

If you’ve got a decent Jig then discard all this BS above. :)
Rock on !

Cherrybomb

Post by Cherrybomb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:32 pm

One word mate..... "Sickness" :twisted: :twisted:

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Somehow i missed this thread.....better late than never, Id reckon if your selling a few of those beasties, your v twin cash should be rollin in.......

Youve inspired me also, and i reckon i might have a crack at building one me self.. Thanks Timbo.

Skip
Interests: My beautiful wife...our dogs..shooting..motor bikes..Aussie Rules..tattoos

Nice!!/really nice!!!

Post by Skip » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:49 am

Quality stuff Timbo..any kid would love that..should commission 'ya to do one for a CA raffle/ unveiled on the day''-----whack a little motor in that beaudy' would look cool...Catch 'ya Skip
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em

Return to “chopper push bike chat and pics”