Chopper Trike forks wanted...

Discuss your bike, modifications etc.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Chopper Trike forks wanted...

Post by Prof » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 pm

Email received...
Hi
My name is Dave the reason for this email is that I own a trike push bike (Gomier Cycle) what I want to do is turn it into a
Chopper Trike at this time I'm after some extended chopper forks for my trike. I cant have the real thing due to vision impairment
and thats why I want to make it plus for the fun of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I reakon it would look pretty cool too and fun to ride around town.
Thanks Dave
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Timbo's gotta be the bloke for that job!!! :D

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Any / most pushbike store's will have or can order 26" chrome Girder style fork's .. they also come in bent or straight leg or twisted leg's .. as i have a couple of 20" twisted fork's ... one day i'll get around to using them on a pushie project ..

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:58 am

yep pommychop, I'd better chime in.

Dave, go grab yourself some 6ml plate, 40ml tubing, 40ml holesaw and two large bolts with their matching nuts.

Unless you're up for joining an axle, don't make the forks too wide apart, keep em within range so you can use the original one or one from another donor.

A nice FLAT & solid workbench is invaluable, very important to keep everything ridgey didge when you're tacking it all together, it's backbreaking stuff working on the ground.

Couple of beers later you'll have a front end looking something like these two here, which were my first two attempts.

I don't think the rake/trail dillemmas will bother you on a trike seing it doesn't lean, so no probs there either. If you don't want to make the risers, ones from those little pit bikes, or pocket bikes work pretty well ( like on the pic above )

Good luck with it all. 8)
Rock on !

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:37 pm

Email received from Dave

I have just had a look at the posts. GREAT. When finances permit I will get started. T
hanks to ALL.

Also when I start I'll send you's some
picky's. This is a project I oridginaly bought the bike for.

When I do start I want it too look like the real thing except for the size and engine.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “chopper push bike chat and pics”