Full size custom pushbike bobber progress shot's.

Discuss your bike, modifications etc.
Timbo

Full size custom pushbike bobber progress shot's.

Post by Timbo » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 am

Just thought I'd post some progress snaps of this fat n low pushie that's starting to take shape in the garage.

I wanted to make something low and wide, and after a couple of afternoons this started to look something like what I envisioned.

The frame's made of the same heap of scraps I used on the other machine, but what the hell, it works well.
Used rectangular tubing on the trees as I ran out of flat 6ml plate, after boxing in the ends they ended up looking like a bought one !!

This shot is how it was decided to be made after laying the parts down on the ground, trippin up and down a ladder getting the look just right from a distance. Once the profile is achieved I take a snapshot from the top rung and us the pic as a basis to work off once a few measurements are scribed down.

I'm not normally an apehanger fan but in this case I think I can hear them calling to be used.

Tim
Last edited by Timbo on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock on !

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

low and wide...

Post by Prof » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:44 pm

Will be a nice looking bike when done. Thanks for the ladder shot... a good idea
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:19 am

Way to go Timbo....keep crankin them out.....

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:08 pm

These aren't the bars I'm going to use, I just bent these up to test roll it up and down the street
Rock on !

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:58 pm

These are more like it, it's all in proportion now.

Rock on !

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:04 pm

that looks sa-woit as already :D

SimonJ18

Post by SimonJ18 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:47 pm

I agree with shez or should it be P-weta.... She is lookin Sa-woit mate! I dig those bars!

What type or bar bender are you using to bend your bars tubing??

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:24 pm

mmmm, bar bender that'd be great, might have to put in a special request for fathers day.

The bars are all just mitre jointed after some angular cuts with the drop/cut off saw. I make an internal gusset out of 6 to 8ml plate that's literally like a fat letter L or V, depending upon the angle you want ,and fit this snugly inside the tubes sticking in around 50ml each direction. After that I drill a run of small 5ml holes up the side of the pipe butting up agains the plate and fill em in with the mig, sand/grind them back and your done, these suckers are as strong as you need em.

Sadly that nice frame bend is purely that of a kid's bed frame that I picked up and modded to fit ! Just happenned to be nice and fat like I wanted.

Timbo
Rock on !

ShovelShane

Post by ShovelShane » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Looks bloody great Timbo, I know my kids would love a ride like that. Keep up the good work :)

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:18 pm

Well this sucker is virtually finished, I just need to bolt on a couple of polished checkerplates on the headstem gusset, and under the seat, and it's done.
I'll try and lay my hands on some exhaust heat wrap for the handgrips also.

The next machine on the drawing board is a springer, I'm gunna build a monster springer front end from scratch, I have a few ideas floating around in my head already. Once I get this right I'll be able to step up to the full size fire breathin panhead powered roadgoing chop with confidence.

Timbo
Rock on !

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

pan

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:06 pm

I'll be looking out for the Pan...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

SimonJ18

Post by SimonJ18 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:14 am

That turned out real nice there Timbo!! I want one :) might be a good way for me to get fit again :!:

The Pan sounds great! Get in there and do it mate, dont forget you got all of us here to help ya out.

Return to “chopper push bike chat and pics”