Forum suggestion thread...

Club news and general news of interest to chopper owners and riders...

Moderator: Prof

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Reason for diferentiating between the makes is to allow a person who is building say a Triumph chopper to be able to go to one thread and quickly cruise through all the Triumphs to get ideas. These are primarilly research threads. they will be incorporated into the main webpages when i can find someone to do it or show me how to create and upload the galleries that are on this site.

Having these threads on the forums has been a way for me to get things started and also to give opportunity for you guys to add the photos you find.

there will be pages of sissy bars, forward controls, springers, seats as I get time to put in all the pics I have collected (14000 photos at last count) etc
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 am

What about 1 general heading? say.."Pics from the net"...once you open said indexed forum, the list of on going threads appear....isnt it here that each particular make, style or component would be represented. That way when looking for 'Triumph' i go to that thread....or handle bars to same.....the sub thread menu is the place to differentiate, and removal from the indexed page would save space.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Prof

Post by Prof » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 am

Program doesn't allow sub headings, buta good idea and will do that when set up as galleries on the web pages.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Difficult to describe my meaning, but as a indexed heading i mean the bold type that already cites the thread collective as 'Brits from the net' etc....once we currently open these the sub headings are those threads within...such as this 'Forum suggestions' sub heading/thread is under the indexed 'Latest info' section....

therefore 'choppers from the net' indexed heading would open to several threads indicating the specific 'nom de clature' of origin.....clear.....as mud.....splendid.....sorry i couldnt be more technical (not my forte').
Loud pipes save lives

Prof

Post by Prof » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Why is the curent setup a problem... seems that it makes it easy for new people to quickly see what is on th site.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Got to agree with ya.....ive always thought it a bit much, but certainly easy to navigate, i personally would leave well enough alone.
Loud pipes save lives

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:01 am

Couldn't 83 Sportster project... & 1980 gs400 Bobber go in Your Chopper Project... with photos... along with everyone else's or The Chopper Shed & that would cut 2 more off forum list?

Also couldn't Other stuff... & Off Topic Forum!!! be combined into 1?

Maybe Pommychopper and his Shed of Miracles & The Chopper Shed could go in About our business... then that would be getting used?

Just an idea?

Prof

Post by Prof » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 pm

83 sportster project and GS400 were originally put into separate topics because they were to be a full treatment in detail and as such needed more space. Not sure that separate topics could be easily combined now... Sporty in particular would make an extremely long thread and I think take a long time to open with all its photos... otherwise I would have no problems doing it.

PC's shed of miracles could go into thread in About our business with Chopper Shed, Leatheroo etc if PC is happy with that.

Also, tonight as a result of a members suggestions, I've deleted forum guidleline posts that were at the head of some of the forum topics and set them up in up a separate topic in Latest Info... makes it much easier to find.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:40 pm

With all the photos on this forum is it possible to set up a photo gallery -random slideshow to recycle some old photos from past postings, runs, chopper pictures and in the build . I dont know if the server can do this or the mechanicals of it, just an idea to put out there.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:54 am

Yes that has been the aim of the photo forums... to collect a whole swag of pics and then put them in a photo gallery. I have a programme (see exixting galleries) but don't know how to use them and currently no time either... maybe someone else can do it... just not sure of what that involves.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi Prof, I'll talk to Hans, when he gets back from his sojourn to Qld. I believe he may be able to help, or at least teach me.
He has been involved in other forums as moderator and such.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “Latest info...”