Helmet Laws - Most helmets are not legal...

Club news and general news of interest to chopper owners and riders...

Moderator: Prof

Mark36

Re: Helmet Laws - Most helmets are not legal...

Post by Mark36 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:31 am

Whatever they come up with you can bet it will be worse in practice, more confusing and mare costly for riders. The trouble is we have bureaucrats desperately trying to justify their ridiculous salaries who then pay room fulls of "book learned" university graduate boffins to form a committee to advise the government on what is right. Most, if not all, of the idiots involved in the process are only vaguely aware of what a motorcycle is let alone have any experience that might actually qualify them to make judgements regarding helmets. When you look at things like ADR's etc in detail you realise the absurd amount of money the government wastes to investigate what the rest of the world does and then childishly ignores it all because our dumbass boffins "know better" and I'm sure helmet standards are the same. The final part of the puzzle comes in the form of a government just itching to fine everybody under the guise of "safety" for which it is hard to be criticised. Now I'll step down off my soapbox! Cheers Mark

Return to “Latest info...”