Choppers Australia on Facebook

Club news and general news of interest to chopper owners and riders...

Moderator: Prof

gsand
Interests: Riding bikes.

Choppers Australia on Facebook

Post by gsand » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Hey guys and gals,

After taking with Prof and discussing methods of getting some further interest in choppers and Choppers Australia, we now have a facebook page that you can 'like'. At the moment it is a bit plain but I'd like to have a gallery of members bikes posted, as well as ride pictures and upcoming events.

It'd be nice to have a whole swag of CA members on there, and then build up a following within the general public. It is public and available for anybody to view, you just need to Search for "Choppers Australia" and you can tell your mates, family or anybody who might be interested to do the same. We have this forum for banter between members, but feel free to Like the page, get involved and invite some of your friends. The Facebook page is an easy way to get new people interested, and can be a great marketing tool.

Young riders who are considering building a chopper, Guys who used to ride chops back in the day, or even still riding them now and somehow haven't discovered Choppers Australia yet, it's all about spreading the word.

I'm sure there's a few of you who use Facebook (55% of Australia's population does), If not then don't feel compelled to start just because of this.

http://facebook.com/choppersaustralia

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Choppers Australia on Facebook

Post by Prof » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Glenn asked about doing a facebook page so I suggested he set something up and let members have a look and comment before it is advertised. We discussed G rated nature of our publications etc and Glenn has agreed to monitor the site.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:03 am

Good stuff, can't beat free advertising. :D

Personally I dont "social network" as I dont have many friends..........Seriously though, I find it a bit like junk mail.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:47 pm

Went on the FB site but it isn't set up as a group.
When we post pics they disappear & only the words are viable in a small box to the right
It is set up like a private photo album for the admin, not a group for members.
I put this up there & had it deleted so unliked & left :?
Nothing there to make it worth staying, most disappointed with it as I use FB a fair bit. :(

xsive

Post by xsive » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Good on ya for trying sumit different glen .im like bear dont use fb and if i did a fb site beeing monitored and censored and used as an advertising tool to send you to another g rated monitored censored site would not entice me or probably most of the other 55% of Ausies that do use this media . anyway good luck with it
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Return to “Latest info...”