Water Proofs

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to any make.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Water Proofs

Post by Prof » Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Thought with winter coming up this is a good time for tips on keeping dry while 'on the road'...

My initial motivation being getting a wet crotch today while riding in light rain... before I even hit the heavy stuff!

My old faithful water proof pants that were just that, water proof, gave up the ghost four or five years ago and I have not yet found anything that is any good.

I've tried a number including RJ.s, Dry Rider and last year Blizzard. They all seem to work a few times then leak. Most have a 'welded' water proof lining over the seams which seems to the culprit as it comes unstuck. My previous ones lasted ten years and kept me totally dry in the heaviest of downpours. Blizzard has been the best with only my crotch getting wet, but it ain't good enough man!

Last year I tried a long Drizabone coat with a new coat of water proofing which didn't work at all, though it is fantastic for cold weather ridiing.

Anyone know of a brand of water proof pants that is actually water proof and stays that way?

Suggestion re leather... leather gloves especially but also jackets eventually soak up the rain. A light water proof jacket over your leather jacket keeps most of the rain off (They also seem to leak at the seams). Plastic bags work over your gloves.

When buying a leather jacket, make sure it has a flap over all zips or water will run straight in. Lots of bike style jackets are only that in style not effectiveness.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Aussiehard

Re: Water Proofs

Post by Aussiehard » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Get a latex gimp suit lol

Then you can pretend to be bat man or some thing!

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 am

Aussiehard wrote:Get a latex gimp suit lol

Then you can pretend to be bat man or some thing!
Geez Oz, I thought you only got that out of yer wardrobe for "special" occassions. :twisted: :twisted:

Or is that the latest safety equipment in the mines. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 am

I only get it out on halloween, to scare the kids out of their candy!

Return to “Fits 'n Bits; general...”