CB750 Fork brace.

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to Hondas.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
Ol Fart

CB750 Fork brace.

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:48 pm

I bought a fork brace for the 750/4 from the USA.
The centres on the brace are 182 mm. My forks are 183 c/c
The vendor says all his stock of these braces are at 182 mm.
does any body have an explanation that doesnt sound like a poor excuse?

and does anybody have a fork brace laying around they no longer want ?
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 pm

According to this http://pmiusa.net/FFTP/fork%20brace%20dimensions.pdf very valuable site, they are 182mm centres, are you sure your front end is 750 onda?

If not get one made!!

Cheers :D

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Machine 1mm off your front wheel spacers. May not be stock wheel/axle/bushes/etc etc. Maybe your fork stanchions are bowed/bent. One millimetre isn't much, maybe your not holding your tongue right. :shock:
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Old Biker Guy

re fork brace

Post by Old Biker Guy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi I have in my shed somewhere the fork brace that was on my honda project ( not sure what the forks were ) just took them off pretty much as soon as I got got the bike will have a dig around and measure it and get back to you

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:33 am

I saw that list of yours Shaun, it didnt list a 1974 750. My verniers show it as 183mm.
The one I bought is certainly 1 mm shy.
I'm gunna make one unless OBG can find his old one.
Thanks mate
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

Pigbody23t

Post by Pigbody23t » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:23 pm

But aint you using the triple tree from cycleexchange perhaps thats 183?
All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Yes, I bought one off Ken and I had whole front end thing Chromed, put the whole front end together and forgot the fit the freaking fork brace. I will put it on when I do the next session on the bike. I have so much work on at the moment, I just cant find the time. My 83 year old mother had a look at the progress the other day told me to pull a finger out. She wants to see it finished before too much time passes.
750/4 Sonic chopper.

KeithinSB

Re:

Post by KeithinSB » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Ol Fart wrote: My 83 year old mother had a look at the progress the other day told me to pull a finger out. She wants to see it finished before too much time passes.
Like!

ship in here and come on out for a couple weeks and finish that thing.......!
Ride it like you can fix it.

Return to “Fits'n Bits; Honda...”