Frame raking

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to Hondas.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
KO 69 Chopper

Frame raking

Post by KO 69 Chopper » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:10 pm

Gday all. Ive been reading all my old chopper mags and getting conflicting info on the best way to rake the front end of the cb750 frame.
Option one- cut away two side rails and cut an inch out of the remaining rail. Pull it back and weld it. ( Im not worried about moving the front engine mounts on the frame legs as i will have to make up some motor mount plates to fit my cb 650 motor.)
Option 2 - cut out a pie shaped peice from neck either top or bottom. Ive also seen it suggested to cut out half from top and half from bottom.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I saw member simon had made up a nice looking goose neck. I would happily do this if i had some setout details.
Also does anyone have any details on the old weld on hardtails avaialble for the stock frames. Ive found rigid frame plans on the internet but not weld on hardtail plans. Ive been playing with struts but looks not right.
Andrew KO 69 Chopper

SimonJ18

Post by SimonJ18 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:00 am

Hi Andrew, my gooseneck is an original Santee weldon part, i have catalogues with pictures, some specifications and measurements of santee components, this includes weld on rigid sections and all other santee components. I will be scanning these catalogues and posting them onto my website shortly http://www.jcc.org.au/ I also have a page dedicated to raking, konging and rigidizing the standard 750/4 frame, it is not quite complete but i will be sure to upload it online this week for you to view, you will be able to find it in the "Tech section". Any questions, please ask.. i have a ton of 750/4 info and would be glad to help out.

Shez (Rascal)

Post by Shez (Rascal) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:12 am

Too much words here, and not enough pictures lol, so I can't be bothered reading, so I'll just write HI in here...

HI!!!

Return to “Fits'n Bits; Honda...”