Extended Forks

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to XS 650 Yamahas.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
ShovelShane

Extended Forks

Post by ShovelShane » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi peoples, thought it was about time something started in this yammy topic lol. Does anybody know what fork tubes you can use for extra length on an XS500 they are 33mm tubes. Hopefully someone has played with something similar and can help me out.

oldbiker

Post by oldbiker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:19 pm

shane I had the same problem on my xs 650 .I fitted the triple clamps of a later model xs which had bigger legs then I dug around and found a set of longer legs of a dirt bike which gave me about 6ins. The legs I ended up with came of a xl 250 honda. Al the best .

matt black

Post by matt black » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 pm

bacca had same probs and if u read through forum u will see trail bike are the way to go as they r 2/6 inches longer than road bikes and u should get a set for like 30/50 bucks from bike wreckers ok slacker lol
=====================
BEAR

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:54 pm

If you get a set of XL forks try to get the clamps as well, I ended up useing 500 I think tripal tree with my KLR forks. No garentee it will fit your frame tho, mine's Kawa. Had to fit diferent bearing caps tho, that was fun finding 2 I could use, they came from 2 diferent steering heads. Remember to ask for the bearing caps ouy of the steering head as they dont normaly give them to you or in my case they had already tossed the frame. If your frame is bear take it to the wreakers to check what fits & also look for something with the same steering stops. Most brake calipor holes are a diferent width also so you may need the matching brake calipor.
Have fun looking, I now have 3 unused tripal trees. Bacca

Return to “Fits 'n Bits; Yamaha...”