Question for all you yamaha XS nuts

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to XS 650 Yamahas.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
chrisalchin

Question for all you yamaha XS nuts

Post by chrisalchin » Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 am

So ive been offered a 1982 Yammy XS400 seca with a good motor, in reasonably good nick, for next to nothing. it does have a clutch issue that needs attentions, was told it needs a replacement clutch pack.
Now I would love to do a bratsyle/cafe look project with this thing, however the rear mono-shock swing arm is *#@** ugly. Like *#@** ugly as sin.... Would it be possible to get a swing arm from an earlier xs model, or are there any other bikes with a compatible swing arm, to convert this bike to dual-shocks? I know it will mean fabricating some top shock mounts. but Im sure if I make it look stock I can pass it through rego as factory.

Cromag

Re: Question for all you yamaha XS nuts

Post by Cromag » Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Just build it stock first, iron out the bugs, then go to town on it.......

seca was u g l y !

but i always wanted a 400/250 yammy twin. good sized bike.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

chrisalchin

Post by chrisalchin » Thu May 10, 2012 7:23 pm

It is indeed ugly, and i dont think there is anything I can do to fix that... I might have a cb250rs coming my way 30hp single will make a great bratstyle street tracker

chrisalchin

Post by chrisalchin » Fri May 11, 2012 10:26 am

yeah i've seen that one mate, thanks though. But they will go for 2G at least. way to much for me to spend on a project. I would prefer to get something a little less complete to modify to my own taste. Still a nice bike, and I wonder why hes selling it so close to completion?

Return to “Fits 'n Bits; Yamaha...”