Sludge Trap

'To the point' advice on what fits what, parts interchangeability and simple solutions to common problems...
This forum applies to Triumphs.
Keep your post brief. You may include 2-3 clear cropped photos (max 600 pixels wide)...
Skip
Interests: My beautiful wife...our dogs..shooting..motor bikes..Aussie Rules..tattoos

Sludge Trap

Post by Skip » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:39 am

Re sludge trap..is this now replacable with an an 'aftermarket' part or does it still have to be cleaned out periodically...same with oil pump..is it better to go a'market or grab one off a later model bike. Mine is the '73 750 Bonnie so when did the better pump appear..thanks
Cheers Skip
Decide..go for it..stuff 'em

Skip
Interests: My beautiful wife...our dogs..shooting..motor bikes..Aussie Rules..tattoos

Post by Skip » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Now that we are over the Xmas /New Year rush anyone have an answer to my 2 questions..you there Pommychop.?
Catch 'ya Skip

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:09 pm

I'll email a man who knows and let you know soon as mate!!

Skip

Bewdy!!

Post by Skip » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:15 pm

Ball terror I'II await your reply
Catch 'ya Skip

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:40 pm

Emailed 2 blokes who know....awaiting reply!!

Cheers.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:32 am

Ayup Skip,

This is the reply from my mate in UK who owns a Brit bike shop and seriously knows his stuff!!

to clean out the sludge tube, it has a bolt in the centre weight of the flywheel in line with the sludge tube. This has to be taken out as it is a locating bolt then there is the tube. There is no replacement aftermarket part for this. Your mate will need a new sludge tube and plug, you can't get it out without destroying them. The oil pump can be changed to a four valve pump instead of the standard two plunger one, but the standard Triumph plunger pump is fine. Tell him not to go to a Morgo pump though, the standard Morgo pump is ok but the high capacity or rotary one is no good for standard use

Hope that helps ya mate.

Cheers.

Skip

Thanks

Post by Skip » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:49 am

Cheers PC...appreciate your help.
The clay target club I mentioned the the other day [behind racecourse ] has a big shoot this week-end [20 / 21 Jan].. just thought you may want to pop round & have a quick look..I couldn't make it but will definitely be there in June.
Catch 'ya Skip

Return to “Fits 'n Bits;Triumph...”