Hey from qld

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc
Laverty

Hey from qld

Post by Laverty » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Hey everyone

I'm new to the site, from Brisbane in QLD. Got my eyes set on a bobber build in the very near future. Current bike experience is dirtbikes, currently ride a ktm 300exc two stroke which is a fair bit of fun!

I'm after a bike for my bobber build at the moment, where does everyone pick up these cheap $500 project bikes I keep seeing on this forum?

Look forward to posting up pics of the build :)

Cheers, Laverty.

Bearcx

Re: Hey from qld

Post by Bearcx » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Cant help with the bike, but welcome aboard.

Try the usual suspects......ebay/gumtree/justbikes etc. Look up unfinished or project.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

xsive

Post by xsive » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am

welcome to the site . :roll: finding the $500 bikes you mention nowdays is like having access to the hundreds/thousand wla harleys in crates that seem to be everywhere but no one has ever seen .so if you believe in luck /fairys and lepricorns and keep kicking the brass lamps you come across one will magicaly appear . easy answer to your question is just keep looking every where ask people ,look over back fences , maybe out of the road swap meets ,but of cause most of these places have already been sussed. Seriously though finding a cheapie thats suitable and has lets say usable parts for not much money is not an every day occurance and firstly choose the types of bike your looking for and consentrate on those models only will save you the dramas of going through the prossess of re thinking every thing you see.honestly i do hope you find what you want cheers
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

hey hey buddy ,what steve has said is spot on, if you do find a bike for $500, by the time you finish it you will have spent a fair amount of money and your $ 500 dollar bargain is no longer a bargain any more, double that amount if the motor needs rebuild. not trying to put you off, wait a bit longer ,save your bickies up and get something half decent to start with and the process will be a lot easier and less costly. good luck .pygmy
Two speeds... flat out and stop

jsalt

Post by jsalt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 pm

If ya still lookin for bike check out for sale furum , one up ya way
jon
I hear voices and they have some good ideas!

Return to “G'day folks...”