Choppers Australia Bike Shop in 70's...

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Choppers Australia Bike Shop in 70's...

Post by Prof » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Email received...

Hi Andrew,
I just came across your website. Great information. That reminded me when I resided in Sydney from 1973 to 1980. I had a shop in Homebush / Sydney / Parramatta Rd. from 1975 to 1978 with an partner importing and selling chopper parts. Paugho frames, custom tanks and tons of other gear. The name of that business was called "Choppers Australia". The shop closed or was sold in 1979 to a third party. One of the reason we closed the business we could not attract enough customers then.

Fast forward...I am 63 years old now and the passion has never left to build choppers or what we call now custom bikes. Now I live in Macau next to Hong Kong and I become an airport manager. Last week I finished my latest chopper/custom bike.

Please find attached to this email a couple of pictures. One picture of me in 1978 on a mildly chopped Shovelhead Superglide with stock engine. The second picture is my project bike which I just finished last weekend.

Cheers
Harald Wallrath aka Dirty Harry
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Cromag

Re: Choppers Australia Bike Shop in 70's...

Post by Cromag » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:11 pm

As a youf, I often pushed my grotty nose up to your shop, both in late 70's and in early 80's
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Silent Grey Fellow

Post by Silent Grey Fellow » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Old Eddie Guitus EH. I always wondered what happened to him a mate of mine bought a hardtail Norton Chopper frame off him back in 1978.
Silent Grey Fellow

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:26 pm

I have just had a call from a lovely lady who actually collated the American Chopper Imports catalogue you can find in full on this forum.

She is trying to chase up some of her colleagues hen she was involved around '78-79.

Her name is Linda Bagnall, and she and Ken Otto are trying to catch up with John Webb who worked there at this time. He was last believed to have gone to WA in the early eighties He was in Broome for a little while in the early nineties.

Does anyone know him? If so, call Linda on.... 02 4357 1913.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “G'day folks...”