Newbie from Melbourne

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc
Spade8
Interests: I've been into bikes for 4 years, since moving to Melbourne. I grew up around hot rods and customs, owning an XP Falcon and Model T coupe which I couldn't bring with me to Melbourne.

I've had a few bike projects over the past few years, including a DT400 with a very hot engine, an XS 400, an XS650, and am currently building a 72 Triumph chopper.

I'm hoping to meet a few riding mates with choppers, and plan on racking up plently of long trips on the Trump!

Newbie from Melbourne

Post by Spade8 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi fellas,

I’m Will, currently 22 years old and living in Melbourne. I got into bikes about 4 years ago when I moved to Melbourne to study Mechanical Engineering. I’d been into customs and hot rods for a while, having an XP falcon as a high school daily driver and a model T coupe body waiting to be hacked into.

I had no room for cars when I moved into my tiny dorm room at uni, so I started fettling with bikes instead. This lead to a full-blown workshop occupying my dorm bedroom while I slept in my girlfriends room in the same building.

My journey through the motorcycle world started with cheap Japanese bikes: A DT400 Yamaha stripped down with a hot engine, an XS400 cafe racer, and an XS650 resto-mod which I currently ride. I've just got myself a 72 Triumph 650, which will be built into a tall front, swing arm chopper in the early 70's Norcal style.

You can check out the build thread here:
http://choppersaustralia.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=8006

I plan on doing plenty of long rides on the Trump, with a tall sissy bar to lash my swag onto. I'm keen to join along on some group rides once she's up and running, so I hope to see some of you guys out on the road sometime!

Cheers

Return to “G'day folks...”