New Guy checking in.

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc
Interests: Bikes Cars

New Guy checking in.

Post by ShovelnTC » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Hey Guys,

I first got interested in choppers in the late 60's when my old man worked for Columbia pictures and he was at that time in the publicity department and brought me home a bunch of promotion posters and stickers for Easy Rider, so you can imaging that a kid of around 9 years old having a bunch of chopper pics on my walls and stickers on my school case was going to be influenced by that stuff.

Lived in Sydney and got into the bike scene in the late 70's through to the mid 80's but even though I have had bikes the whole time since I just got tired of a lot of the BS that came with the community so kept to myself from then on.

My first bike was a Honda K2 750 which I mildly customised but just bars, seat and a bunch of bolt on stuff.

Second bike was a Yamaha 650 which I did the full treatment, here she is, not a bad job for an 18 year olds first major build if I do say myself :D

After that one I was going to build a sporty but a buddy fell on hard times and had a bunch of parts and a nice low mileage Yam 650 so I ended up building a second Yam chop.

Jump forward and I have had a swag of Shovelheads, an Evo and a couple of Twin Cams and currently have a Twin Cam and a Shovel.

My last chop was my current Shovelhead shown here but I have since re-built it back to stock due to a back injury ending my rigid riding days.

Cheers, Mark.

Re: New Guy checking in.

Post by Bearcx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Welcome Mark, sounds like a nice stable of bikes youve had.
Looking for softtail now.??
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “G'day folks...”