G'day From Rockhampton

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc
Bully_109
Interests: Motorcycle customizing, DIY Mechanics, Riding, Choppers, Customs, Cruisers

G'day From Rockhampton

Post by Bully_109 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:39 am

G'day folks,
Firstly a big thanks to admin for accepting my join reques, much appreciated.
Now for the introduction.
Im in Gracemere (Rockhampton), QLD.
My ride is a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109R 1800cc.
Mods to the bike to date are: Stage 2 Pipes, Gman Highflow Stealth Air Intakes, Gman "The Bully" Fuel controller, Chopped Read Fender, Car tyre on the rear, Stick shift and Foot clutch (All custom made, not bought as a kit) and a Gman ATRE.
Mods im looking at doing to the bike are puttting a set of 16" apes on it and ptting a springer front end on it, with a taller, narrower tyre up front.
Look forward to talking with other members and getting new ideas.

Youngblood

Re: G'day From Rockhampton

Post by Youngblood » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Welcome to Choppers Australia.... Bully_109, sounds like you're already having fun chopping away at your bike. Good luck with your project and post some pictures, we love pictures.
8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Welcome Bully, nice ride. How you going with the car tyre on the rear ? Notice any steering issues 'round corners.?
Put some pics up, when ya get a mo'. Be intersted in the springer front on the 109. :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:55 pm

One of our long time members (Apache Rod) is in Rocky. He is very active in pistol and rifle shooting I believe and is a really great guy. you may be albe to catch up with him. email me for his number.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bully_109
Interests: Motorcycle customizing, DIY Mechanics, Riding, Choppers, Customs, Cruisers

Post by Bully_109 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Bearcx wrote:Welcome Bully, nice ride. How you going with the car tyre on the rear ? Notice any steering issues 'round corners.?
Put some pics up, when ya get a mo'. Be intersted in the springer front on the 109. :D
Thanks mate, The car tyre is great, it does handle a bit differently to a bike tyre, but its just a matter of getting used too really. Cornering is fine, i can still scrape the boards without any worries. And it sure beats paying for 3 bike tyres a year.
Ive tried posting pics up, but it keeps saying error. :cry: Im not sure what im doing wrong. Ive read the post about how to do it, but i dont want to pay to put them on the website.

Bully_109

Post by Bully_109 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:57 pm

I cant upload photos for some reason, so hopefully this works.

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:01 pm

The pictures worked no problems there, that rear Tyre looks nice and chunky

:) :) :)
Youngblood

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 am

Looks like setting up the suicide clutch was a bit of a challenge.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bully_109

Post by Bully_109 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Not half as much of a challenge as learning to operate it without stalling all the time hahaha. :lol: I'm getting better at it though. Time and patience.
Took me a couple of goes to get the set up for it right though.
The back tyre would be nearly a year old now, and shows no signs of wear.

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:06 pm

I have set up a suicide clutch on my WLA and in the first couple of rides ended up in someone's rose garden and also into my workshop door!

Rode a mates shovel with the same setup, but he is a real tall bloke and the pedal had no rubber... doing a tight U turn my foot slipped off and I went into a tree!

Good fun to ride once you get used to it though.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bully_109

Post by Bully_109 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Lmao you've made my day Prof. :lol: :lol: :lol: I haven't managed to run into anything yet, just takes me several goes to get moving from a stop sometimes. Which is fun in afternoon peak hour traffic. :oops:
And then there's theres the times I lean the wrong way when stopping and have to grab a hand full of front brake in a hurry.
Ahh but it's all part of the fun I recon. If it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun hahaha.

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Yep I learnt pretty quickly t drop the bike into neutral while still rolling. One just has to remember t o do it each time. You'll find a post on the forum of a guy who has runs suicide clutches on all his bikes including a big inch drag bike, Reckons once you get used to it there's no going back. That said, I'd not be game to use one with a passenger.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bully_109

Post by Bully_109 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Mine puts itself in nuteural unless I hold it in gear until I release the clutch. The gear knob I've got on causes a pendulum affect and rocks it out of gear.
Can you recall that blokes handle? I'd be interested to read his posts.
I plan on riding mine with a pillion, but not until I'm confident riding without out first. Lucky for me I'll have all summer to practise.

Prof

Post by Prof » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Here's a link to comments he made to me by email... http://www.choppersaustralia.com/forum/ ... =24&t=7906
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “G'day folks...”