Gidday.

Introduce yourself... area where you live, your bike or bike plans, kind of riding you like to do, a bit of your biking of history, interests, family etc
philthy
Interests: Harleys & fishin.

Gidday.

Post by philthy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am

Howdy all, I ride an 08 Rocker, cuppla other old Harleys to. I'm 66 soon and lucky enuff to be able to be still ridin at my age. My first homemade chop was modifying my Malvern Star Dragstar. Stealing the front forks outta mums 28 inch treddly and whacking em onto my bike. Which incidently cracked the frame from the angle of the dangle being way outta wahck.Ha ha haa...about 1966? I think I beat Henry Fonda using extended forks!! Ha ha haa....Ride the wocka on the Southern Cross Assoc poker run every yr,which is a hoot, which is always outback qld somewhere. I might do 3000k or 6000k, depends where it starts. All good. Don't own a chop but fiddle with my 29J (for the last near 40yrs)....Looking fwd to pics on this site of some cool chops. Wish I still had my 57 Pan to.

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Gidday.

Post by Prof » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Great to hear from you. You're a long way up north, but I am planning a trip up there in the next year and will be cool to catch up with you. Nice looking rocker... really a factory chopper... has the lines.

You put good miles on your machine... man after my own heart.

Good push bike story. A number of chopper/biker movies before Easy Rider. I saw "Wild Angels" when it came out and that got me interested... then after Easy Rider along came the chopper mags... and that did it!!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:42 pm

G'Day philthy, welcome to the site, clean looking bike you have there. By the way at 66 you are still young, my old man is 74 and is still riding so many more years in the saddle for you yet buddy.
8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Hottentot61
Interests: Obviously I am interested in bikes. At the moment I am building a bobber style 1972 tr6r triumph. I have been into choppers and bikes from the time I could straddle one. I am also into doing leatherwork and have had shops over the years. These days I work from home as I am semi retired and waiting for a new set of lungs.

Post by Hottentot61 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 pm

G,day philthy, nic e to see another young bloke still riding(only a coupla years on me)nice set of wheels. Benice to catch up on the road one day. Ride easy.

Return to “G'day folks...”