camping wot does every take with them

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

intruder69

camping wot does every take with them

Post by intruder69 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:50 pm

hey guys need some ideas on camping gear wot to take how to pack and load bike safely and legaly lol pictures would be appreciated if available most of it is common sense but there is always room for extra thought and improvement enough for 2 people for afew days
Such Is life
Just Live It

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 am

The old rule is....
Take half the stuff you have in mind and bring twice as much money as you think you will need.
I never took my tent out of the bag on the Mega ride......
Ride it like you can fix it.

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:23 am

The one thing I never, ever, ever leave home without is bum wipes. I go bush for a week at a time and as rough as things can get sometimes, they are one little luxury I will not do without. :oops: :oops:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 am

On me XTZ i bolt on (with muffler u bolt) a milk crate, i fill it with the bits ill need, on the rear seat i have a sleeping bag, wrapped in a blue polly tarp, i can wrap other gear such as a tommy hawk etc in that....when i get to my camp for the night the milk crate comes off and gives me a table/chair and iam going to get a flat plate to throw in the bottom so ive got something to cook off(four nuts welded in each corner and some long bolts and itd have legs) , b ut for now the frying pan does the job, and although not currently that organised i used to contain everything extra i need in a billy can....fishing line, water purification tabs, cup, fighting gear, can eat noodles straight out of the billy........

i guess it depends what you want to be doing on your camping trip, me i like to ride, so i try to take as little as possible.

Milk crate is the key....

Happosai

Post by Happosai » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 am

KiethinSB's advices is pretty good, and fluffersw appropriate :D

But it does boil down to what type of trip your doing, are you going bush and need to take all your requirements, or are you doing a city to city dash, staying in motels along the way, how long are you going for etc.

More detail would help people give better advice.

For a couple of days trip by myself I would take:

Sleeping bag - on-site vans don't supply linen/blankets

Wet Weather gear - if it doesn't rain, it might get cold..

One change of cloths - you live in one pair most of the time.

Tools - all the common ones you would need.

First Aid kit.

Toiletries - deodorant, toothbrush/paste, personal chamois (instead of a towel), tube of Nappie wipes (used for a pommy shower, wiping your hands after working on the bike, and wiping your bum after....well that curry you had the night before)

Map

Mobile phone

Carry it in a tank bag or strapped to the seat behind you.

A common comment from bush-walker/outback campers is "don't take anything unless it has more than one use"

Hap
I used to be Vague...................Now I'm not so sure

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:34 am

2 very important things to take camping,
A/. a credit card
B/. a motel address book
:lol:
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:44 pm

midnight7503 wrote:2 very important things to take camping,
A/. a credit card
B/. a motel address book
and a hanger for your skirt
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Spokes wrote:
midnight7503 wrote:2 very important things to take camping,
A/. a credit card
B/. a motel address book
and a hanger for your skirt
so sorry I thought I'd just borrow yours :roll:
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

Spokes

Post by Spokes » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:28 pm

No problem. I have heaps for when Shaun visits.
LMAO
Harleys SUCK - Real men ride Yamaha's - FAST

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Having a sidecar makes camping with Madame less stressful. She must have her creature comforts. If Madame is not happy nobody is happy. Trial and error, take what you think you'll need. If it comes home and didn't get used cross it off the list for next time. For clarification, Madame was dubbed " Kitchen Sink".

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:36 am

I'm with Midnight.
Too worn, tired and cranky for sleeping rough.
Work too hard to spend my holiday time laying in the dirt, with Spokes.
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

intruder69

Re: camping wot does every take with them

Post by intruder69 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:34 pm

[quote="boldor69"]hey guys need some ideas on camping gear wot to take how to pack and load bike safely and legaly lol pictures would be appreciated if available most of it is common sense but there is always room for extra thought and improvement enough for 2 people for afew days[/qu\\

Freedom cruising the roads wind in ya face pulling up camp were ever ya end up is living life and very affordable
Motels is ok not affordable to my liking but if ya old and cranky wellit would suit ya lol
Such Is life
Just Live It

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:04 pm

lol
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:10 am

Jan issue of chops N bobbers has a detailed travelling article. Chops 'n bobbers is available as a PDF on Members Forum.

See also Touring Tips thread on Meeting and Run Arranging forum for a few ideas.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”