Coast to Coast choppers...

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Coast to Coast choppers...

Post by Prof » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 am

Part of an email from KeithinSA I thought you'd enjoy... Who's on for one is Aus?

We just got back from watching the Stampede chopper race leave.
The Stampede is a coast to coast chopper race.
The rules are ridged frames only, no windshields, no hard bags, no rubber mounts and no chase vehicles.
This year they are racing from Santa Monica California to Norfolk Virginia the down the east coast to the Horse smokeout rally. To get there rough rider "Hardass" patch, you must complete the ride in under 55 hours. 3049 miles.......
Looks like fun. Wish I was a bit younger or in a bit better shape.....
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 am

Wow killer idea!
'65 Triumph Chopper (project)
'64 Triumph Chopper (project)

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:48 am

OK but who from SA are returning the favour & doing the reverse Mega Ride to the Mushter?
There is a big ride but the southerners don't seem up to it?????????????
I loved riding in the group last year, if there is a group heading North I will defiantly try to make it
as long as Tiani's health is OK for me to be away.

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 pm

The Stampede happens out here every June......
come on over!!!!
Bunch of starting line pix here about half way down the page: http://newbluecollarmoto.blogspot.com/
Ride it like you can fix it.

Prof

Post by Prof » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:51 pm

No reverse Mega Ride that I know of Bacca. SA muster is very close to NSW Mushter and it is not very practical for SA guys to come up to NSW with the events so close though plenty of us would love to be there... I would be disappointed if SA guys went to NSW and missed out on SA Annual Muster when it is the one thing we in SA all try to get together for.

I spoke to three guys riding Indians today and invited them to put their bikes on display at SA Annual chopper muster. they are members of Veteran & vintage club and we are going to give a general invitation to their members to come up for the chopper show as well. I have asked the Alma Hotel to rope off the car parks in front of their building for a non chopper display... Local HD tour and also cossack side car tour people will be putting thier machines on display and we have also invited some of the hot rod guys to join in too.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:34 pm

The rules are ridged frames only, no windshields, no hard bags, no rubber mounts and no chase vehicles

Rigid frames, there's not many of them.
Windshields, there's not too many of them.
Hard bags, not seen any.
No rubber mounts? Dunno.
As for the no chase vehicle........see Mega Ride 2009 thread :(

I think it's a non-starter straight away.

Better off taking our rigids to Keefys and doing the ride on them.

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:53 pm

pommychopper wrote:The rules are ridged frames only, no windshields, no hard bags, no rubber mounts and no chase vehicles

............. i would do this , we should do this ....... no rules about a BIG compfy seat and a camelback

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Andrew CA Admin wrote:No reverse Mega Ride that I know of Bacca. SA muster is very close to NSW Mushter and it is not very practical for SA guys to come up to NSW with the events so close though plenty of us would love to be there... I would be disappointed if SA guys went to NSW and missed out on SA Annual Muster when it is the one thing we in SA all try to get together for.
well i don't know if anyone feels the same way as i do , but i don't say much but this paragraph really got me mad , i think collectively between the Qld , Nsw , and victorian members the mega ride would have cost in excess of 10 thousand , with food fuel , repairs , and alike , airfares, the NSW mushter was organised for the weekend it is on so as not to interupt the Sa muster , For you to say you would be disapointed if the SA guys went to Nsw and missed your event seems a bit for a better word selfish .
well thats it for me i think i will get back in my hole and shut up , i hope i haven't offended any one , but a lot of effort and planing went in to all of us going to SA for the mega ride .
Reaper

2010 triumph america

Prof

Post by Prof » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm all for a Reverse Mega Ride to NSW/Qld. I would definitely be there in October and encourage others it there was sufficient time between the two... am still trying to work out if there is some way I can manage it and come along with Pygmy.

However the SA muster and NSW Mushter are too close together for an SA return visit of Mega Ride import to be practical... I suggested this when initial NSW plans were being made, but understand NSW were trying to get most value out of it by using a long weekend when there is likely to b ideal weather.

As you said the financial cost adn time commitment is significant and I kinow that many of the SA guys are not in a position to consider it atm

Also remember that the Mega Ride was initiated by PC and organised by Qld, NSW and Vic. You guys decided you wanted to do it, when you wanted to do it and how you wanted to do it.

SA simply encouraged you, hosted you and also came part way to meet you.

For a reverse Mega Ride to occure, it will no doubt happen in the same fashion SA, possibly WA and Vic will work out when and where we can do it and hopefully fit it into a convenient time up there.

A number of SA guys and one WA person so far are working towards coming to Qld via Alice Springs, Mt Isa and Rocky. We may be able to do it later in 2011 but if we can't pull it off certainly in 2012. It will be quite a ride and take up about 5 weeks. Whether this becomes a reverse Mega Ride is yet to be seen.

I am not being selfish about expecting SA guys to be at the SA annual muster... we have run one each year since CA began and it is the highlight of the SA calendar. It is SA members. special opportunity to display their choppers and be recognised for their efforts. it is also our showcase to the state... the reason why it is in this location at this time.

I have encouraged all members in each state to work towards your own annual state muster and to make it the highlight or your year as well.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Tex

Post by Tex » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Well, I for one, will be going to the Mushter.

I look forward to catching up with all the NSW, Qld & Vic MegaRide participants. (That includes you Bacca, as a Vic participant)

Sure would be nice if some SA blokes could make a decision to come across as well. It'd be good to see some familiar faces from there too. It's not that big a ride.

But I guess it comes down to this ........

1. A good ride, either solo or with others, with a chance to enjoy some adventure & good times

or

2. A bike show, to display your bike and showcase your talent. (There's a BikeShow at the Mushter too)

or

3. Both.

______
Tex

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:29 am

Here is the Stampede riders meeting video if you care to look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztxZl9eSvrE

That's Charlie the Nomad from the Horse, Dig the accent.....
Ride it like you can fix it.

ol_750

Long Rides

Post by ol_750 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Guys
Check out the Iron Butts... :lol:

http://www.farriders.com/
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”