I NEED TO VENT

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

oyamum

I NEED TO VENT

Post by oyamum » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:52 pm

well as a young bloke trying to save up to put some cash away for my bike i was dealt a blow today and im full as a goog nothing major just frustrating..

it all started about 20 months ago my then brother in law (my sisters husband) had to cousins come from overseas they needed a car so having an old work car i was getting rid of i sold it to them. since they were pretty much family and nice guys i left it in my name for them (i know 1st mistake) anyway they get 4 speeding fines in 2 days on the same cameras, 1 on the the way out of werribee on the highway 1 on the way in and the same the next day. anyway they tell me to transfer them so no probs i send off the papers. no good as they dont have aussie license. so they say they will sign a stat dec but then sadly they both died in a car accident. so when i try and take it to coart basically they look at me like im trying to palm off 4 fines onto some dead guys. so i go on a 12 month probation meaning im not allowed to get any fines for 12 months or i loose the ticket for 6 months. and bang i get done on the mobile (i know my fault iv never complained about this) so i lose my ticket for 6 months. now im a truck driver but luckily im a mechanic by trade and since i work for a generator company they kept me on in the workshop until im back on the road. however my income was brilliant as i had as much overtime in the truck as i wanted, some weeks i would make $600 odd dollars just in overtime on top on top of my normal wage sometimes more so anyway still my fault so cant complain. then earning less money so struggling a bit my bike rego is due great another $500 just before christmas then i realise my bike learners expires before i get my license back which means il have to resit the l's again after my suspension is over great just keeps raining... then over the last couple weekends iv been busting my bum working on cars for people to earn some play money to spend on my bike wanted some risers and ape hangers and a spring seat nothing fancy. so id earnt some play money and the wife lets me spend whatever extra iv made on my toys so im about to order some risers from trojan and andrew was gonna bend me some apes and BAM fridge blows up so what ya know back to square 1 all the play money gone on a new fridge all a month before christmas... oh yeh and to boot its my birthday this friday and all the money we did have left will probably have to go to replace the food that went off when the fridge died so no presents for me this year... ahwell could be worse sorry for the long post i doubt anyone will read it all the way through but i wanted to vent thanx for reading if you made it all the way through

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 am

Well I hope you feel better now. Well keep going mate I'm sure your luck will turn around, life can be funny like that sometimes.
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas :D
Youngblood

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 am

I think most of us who have gotten to over 40 have stories like this... life chucks some curlies at us from time to time, but it's amazing how resilient we all are... and it can knock of the sharp edges most us us have... if we take everything as a learning experience.

Not much fun to get such a bad run, so hope you have a good run over Christmas and that the New Year produces some NICE surprises for you.

PS... might pay to double check that you really do have to resit your bike learners.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 am

What to do ......... S# it happens !!!!!!!!!
I have a few set's of risers (to take 1" H/bars)........ PM me for size and I'll give you a set to get you started , they'r not brand spanking , but they'r useable

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:40 am

Happy BirthDay!!
Ride it like you can fix it.

Brassy

Post by Brassy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:58 am

i have a set of 1" apes lying around somewhere they would fit bobbas risers being 1"bars pm me if you are interested

oyamum

Post by oyamum » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:11 am

thanx alot guys i do feel alot now that iv had a whinge hehehe now i understand why my wife does it so often you feel alot better after. but honestly thanks for the offers but my bike runs 7/8 bars but honestly i appreciate the offer none the less. and i know things will turn around i get my license back soon so back on some more cash and once the stress of christmas is over il relax a bit.. thanx again guys it means alot

KeithinSB

Post by KeithinSB » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:20 pm

you could use the 1 inch bars and just weld the 7/8s ends on so you could use your hand controls.......
Surely you'll get a good deal on your Birthday!! 8)
Ride it like you can fix it.

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Chin up Mate, there are lots of guys and girls worse off than you. Look to all the good things, you can walk, ride a bike, got a job, have cool friends.. Hope ya feel better soon. :D :D :D
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 pm

If you got some way to transport it, theres a fridge up here with your name on it....small help but happy to give it if i can...sucks being a responsible adult some days aye?
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

oyamum

Post by oyamum » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Hankd guys i realy appreciate all the offers of help and the kind words i know itl all work out well in the end but as i said originally i just needed to vent thanks again guys

Chainblock Dave

Post by Chainblock Dave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Mate, the drilling industry is screaming for mechs, give wetherford a ring or saxon. take home wage about 2.5K a week, 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.
Dave

oyamum

Post by oyamum » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:21 pm

thanx again guys for the offers and positive comments it does mean alot and as everyone life is looking better i had a great birthday works been good weather is nice so now ill just concentrate on setting up some more bike $$$$ then all will be well... of coarse it will be after christmas as my daughters have asked santa for just a couple of things :shock:

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:43 pm

Smooth roads to ya....
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”