Patch Clubs

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Aussiehard

Patch Clubs

Post by Aussiehard » Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 am

I am wondering if there are any NON Outlaw biker patch clubs in Australia?

One s that display rockers and mc, with he exception of the God Squad, and Bikers for Christ.

There has been some debate over this topic in other countries where some are allowed and others get an bum kicking.

It has been said it is ok to wear along as you don't put a location, as that would mean a claim on territory. Other's no 1% because you aren't an outlaw.

People thoughts?

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri May 20, 2011 11:16 am

Oz is one of the get an sweetie kicking places.

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Fri May 20, 2011 1:35 pm

364 days of the year, no one would give a cr@p, on that other day, you might just get your head kicked in. Is it worth it?
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Fri May 20, 2011 1:41 pm

So what about the ulysses, are they ok because their patch is a single big round circle?

I mean we're bikers into choppers etc, so it makes sense that we might like to wear a riding club patch. But I am sure no one wants to get a beating over it.

A lot of people say who are they to tell me what to wear!
I say who are you to run me over but I aint going to play in traffic just the same. Better to walk on the safe side. BESDIES IT TAKES TOO LONG TO LICK THE WHITE LINES OFF THE BITUMEN.

Still it would be nice to have Choppers Aust MC or something. I don't really want to wear a big HD flag on my leathers.

Neo Dutch

Post by Neo Dutch » Fri May 20, 2011 1:53 pm

While the "big clubs" may not care, one day you'll run into a prospect, or one of the lesser clubs, or some dude with a supporters patch out to prove a point, and then things may get messy.

Patch wearing Ulysses members are tolerated, most of the time.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

chewi

Post by chewi » Fri May 20, 2011 6:35 pm

from what i understand.the ulyses club used to have top and bottom rockers,but one of the prominent outlaw clubs told them to remove the rockers

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Fri May 20, 2011 7:52 pm

its actually an interesting question, ive seen some clubs over the years that wore mcc patch (on back) and i believe are not considered outlaw clubs (although i may be wrong about the details) one such is 'The Huns' (i dont know any of em to ask) from Vic and i think ive seen some others....

At present time UNC in each state welcome Social club/riders clubs as long as they dont fly a back patch, breast and sleeve is ok.

to say, dont tell me what i can wear, is to throw your hand in with the big boys, so ya gotta be ready to play the game. weather you like the rules or not.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

wolfsbane
Interests: lots of stuff

Post by wolfsbane » Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 pm

"Fear not death, for the hour of your doom is set and none may escape it."
Wassa - Goldy

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:00 pm

From my understanding of patches - ie- ulysees and the like - NO top or bottom rocker with the patch not denoting country or social standing and being approved by local/state outlaw clubs, after all in the outlaws bikies way of seeing things if he is willing to fight like f&*k for his patch and territory then so should you.
Being a proud aussie i would love to wear a patch with australia on it but having to defend that patch further than being a proud aussie, well i dont ride and enjoy bikes for that sort of drama.
Also dont forget about the muppets in uniforms who insist on roadside roadworthy/warrant/terrorist checks as we are riding antisocial anarchy machines from hell which if we are not kept in check society itself will unravel.
I am in favour of a breast/sleeve patch, belt buckle and being a serial lurker on a couple of forums i could share my jacket with a number of patches.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

DOA

Post by DOA » Fri May 20, 2011 9:49 pm

myself i ride to enjoy the experience. i ride for myself and only myself. when and if i share my ride with others it is because i enjoy sharing my experience with those wonderful individuals. all this i can do in tshirt and jeans or rugged up like a polar bear. would branding myself enhance that experience. nope not in a million years. thus as individuals we all need to decide if we wish patches, or other brands on our riding clobber but i shall never wear any.

cheers ride hard live free. doa.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Fri May 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Cromag wrote:its actually an interesting question, ive seen some clubs over the years that wore mcc patch (on back) and i believe are not considered outlaw clubs (although i may be wrong about the details) one such is 'The Huns' (i dont know any of em to ask) from Vic and i think ive seen some others....

At present time UNC in each state welcome Social club/riders clubs as long as they dont fly a back patch, breast and sleeve is ok.

to say, dont tell me what i can wear, is to throw your hand in with the big boys, so ya gotta be ready to play the game. weather you like the rules or not.

The Huns are not outlaw in fact if my mother….yes my mother is right they were a scruffy looking bunch of Doctors, lawyers and the such. Well this was in 1978. It was a member of the huns that got me into choppers as my next door neighbours who used to baby sit me. Her sons was one and I got my first ride on the back at about age 4.

BobbaZooki

Post by BobbaZooki » Fri May 20, 2011 10:42 pm

it seem's to me that those who want to wear a "patch" because they ride a motorcycle .... have never been in an outlaw club or think they need to be in one , or watch a certin TV show, well good luck to ya mate , it's a young mans game .If you feel the need to be hassled by other clubs , the cops , joe citizen , The N.C.A , "P" platers with blow off vavle's , and your ten foot tall and bullit proof , love being told what to do and when to do it , have no family or social life , but most importinly , your personal freedom to do what ever the hell you want to do ....... gone ....... yeah then put a big sticker on the back of your standard issue black leather vest , get on your bike and see have far you get. If you want to wear a patch that bad , join an established club , outlaw or social , the thing that annoys me with these "christian" and social club's is that they want to play in the mud ,but have none of it stick ..... you can't have it both ways .. me , i just want to ride my bike's , whenever and where ever . look ... if you feel the need to start a club .... start a drinking club , with a motorcycle problem.

The single most important factor your missing here is , not the need to ride as a collective , which has it's positive's but, ..... just to ride .......... PERIOD

RickB56

Post by RickB56 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:16 am

I reckon BobbaZooki is a man ahead of his time. Start the first ever drinking club with full jacket, patches and rockers and require every member to have a motorcycle riding problem.

The thing I noticed about a couple of those club links Wolfbane posted is they use names like Misfits and Demons, then stress they are a family organization with Christian leanings. Why don't they just use a Christ centered name? Sort of false advertising if you ask me. And of course bound to attract the attention of REAL misfits and demons.

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Sat May 21, 2011 10:00 am

as an ex "prospect" member of a 1% club and a current member of the Ullysses club here's my two cents worth.

If ya wanna wear rockers and badges that identify yaself as a 1% join a club and adopt the lifestyle lock, stock and barrel.

If all ya wanna do is strut around the neighbourhood pretending to be the local hard man without paying your dues (showing respect) then get yaself some decent health cover and don't stand next to me.

You don't have to agree with everybody but you should show basic respect by not pretening to be something you ain't.

I would object to someone falsely claiming to be a member of CA, but I would not patch rip em.
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Aussiehard

Post by Aussiehard » Sat May 21, 2011 11:06 am

I don't think wearing a patch makes you tough, or is impersonating anyone unless you are flying someone else's colors.

Other sporting or interest clubs wear jackets with club emblems (aka patches)
Footy clubs both local and AFl, Baseball, Gyms, Hobby groups, dog clubs, etc etc.

All I am saying is why should the established outlaw groups feel it a threat if a social riding group want to give themselves a name and wear it like all those groups above. I don't think it is a claim on their "enterprises", lifestyle, or to be one of them.

There is supposed to be a band that has merchandise in London I think it was that is being harassed because their style of jacket looks like biker gear, and they don't even ride. Black Label Society (Rock group founded by Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist Zakk Wylde)
http://www.bhi.net.au/tshirts/blacklabelsociety.htm
http://www.posters.ws/images/421430/bla ... ociety.jpg

To me it is a bit like saying no one can get a tattoo because the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) use the to identify their members and rank.

Just because I don't agree with it does't mean I am stupid enough to go out and put my sled at risk either.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”