Yamaha xv1100 virago as a start

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

newjack66

Yamaha xv1100 virago as a start

Post by newjack66 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi all

Been a long time between drinks since I posted. Got into the Harley scene over the past few years, but the lure of a metric chopper is calling me ....

I've cleared my garage, dusted off my tools, cleared the bench etc etc .....

I'm looking at a Yamaha xv1100 virago as a base for my chopper project. I really like a high tank low back look with raked front, high sissy bay etc ....

I'm thinking stretching the frame and raising it. I've always liked the XV1100 but it always looked a little cramped at the front. I'm not ruling out any other metric or HD for that matter but I keep coming back to the XV1100.

I also like the Suzuki VS1400 but they are rare as over here in WA, I reckon they have quite a bit of potential and have a good looking stock shape, screaming to be chopped.

As always advice from forum members is always appreciated.
" ... Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ... " - Jerry Garcia

Youngblood

Re: Yamaha xv1100 virago as a start

Post by Youngblood » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Yeah I like the Suzuki Intruder as well and I got one and I'm thinking about selling it.
Youngblood

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:58 pm

There you go Youngblood... you need a holiday... ride it over to WA and deliver it personally!
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

newjack66

Post by newjack66 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:02 am

Youngblood wrote:Yeah I like the Suzuki Intruder as well and I got one and I'm thinking about selling it.
Hell if the price is right .... I'll walk over to you !!!! :D
" ... Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ... " - Jerry Garcia

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:55 pm

newjack66 wrote:
Youngblood wrote:Yeah I like the Suzuki Intruder as well and I got one and I'm thinking about selling it.
Hell if the price is right .... I'll walk over to you !!!! :D
PM Sent
Youngblood

Tweety
Interests: Trike modifications, tinkering, fox terriers, camping with our Detour camper trailer and trikeChoppers

Post by Tweety » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Yep, the Virago 1100 is the one to go for. Was my choice for the same reasons as you before Billy Connolly came on the screen on a trike.lol

My Panther trike has that tank style low at the back high at the front. And yeh, your frame mods are spot on.

You can see the tank angle here

Keep us posted.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”