Dragster 650 Build Progress 6#

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

newjack66

Dragster 650 Build Progress 6#

Post by newjack66 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi all

Thought it was time for an update.

Wiring is 99.0% done. My spark issue was resolved. An easy in the end fix but FRUSTRATING :evil:

21 inch wheel is fitted with new tire.

Fresh, oil, plugs, pads.

Now the very frustrating and time consuming process of jetting the carby. Stupidly I left the fuel pump (kept flooding the carb) attached but got rid of it as I'm using a gravity fed set up thanks to some advice from the Mikuni dealer in oz.

For anyone that has any advice I am using a Mikuni HS 40 or TM 40 Flatside. I was told the carby is too big for the 650 but can be set up to work with much trial /error & tears.

I'm going through the tears. I may in the end go for a TM 36 or TM 34 but at the moment carb is getting fuel but no running.

I'm starting the Pilot at 200 and working down (195,190,185,180 etc) and the Jet is 20, but I have a 25, 17.5 and am getting a 12.5.

Arhh the horror .... the horror ....

Cheers

Darren
" ... Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ... " - Jerry Garcia

Youngblood

Re: Dragster 650 Build Progress 6#

Post by Youngblood » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:08 pm

The bike looks great but I don't envy you trying to tune the carby. I went through that drama once with a car that I hotted up, ran a carby meant for V8's on a 6cyl. in the end I managed to tune it better than the so called experts but like I said I don't envy you at all, good luck.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Youngblood

Bearcx

Re: Dragster 650 Build Progress 6#

Post by Bearcx » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Looking good, mate. that colour really pops, in contrast to the black.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”