Recently moved to Sydney

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

Simon_1
Interests: My interests are motoring, classic cars/bikes, tattoos, live music, the coast and love to pick up the spanners!

Recently moved to Sydney

Post by Simon_1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:48 am

Hey guys,

I have recently moved to petersham from the UK. I am currently on my Lams and really need to get myself a bike! I would love to build my own but with lack of tooling and space at the moment i believe im better off buying a runner for now. Does anyone know of any good shops, garages or of anyone selling a bike. Currently looking for a bobber/dragstar. Obviously needs to be Lams approved but preferably a 600cc. Any help and information would be much appreciated. Also do you know of any fabrication places who would customize frames.

Thanks

Cromag

Re: Recently moved to Sydney

Post by Cromag » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:07 pm

G'day, welcome to our sunny shores. In Petersham you've got a few of the boys who started the new school return to old school bikes in Sydney....I'm not mates with any of them but have admired their bikes at various shows etc. I believe a lot of the locals use Trojan motorcycles over in Belmore, he does Trumpy and brit stuff, with frames etc. You've got the old Jim Eades in Ashfield , just down the road from the Victory shop in Fivedock on Parramatta rd- I bought trumpy frames there before, lots brit bits too. I believe there's some high end stuff out there, but the NSW Govt effectively killed real custom bikes in the 90's. Hang out in Newtown and I'm sure you'll catch site of the hipsters on their chopped xs 650's etc.... good luck and see ya on the road
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Silent Grey Fellow

Re: Recently moved to Sydney

Post by Silent Grey Fellow » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:50 pm

The Jim Eades shop is sadly no more
Silent Grey Fellow

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”