my motor rebuild

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

itheo58
Interests: Honda750 Santee,Yamaha RD250. 1928BSA2 stroke

my motor rebuild

Post by itheo58 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:12 pm

My motor has finally been rebuilt and test run and for an extra $300 will have motor fitted to a donor bike and run on a dyno with my carbis all set up so should be able to fit in frame when ready.
Would cost as much to have done locally plus a hassle to get bike to a place as all the bike shops locally are out of town on the fringes with bugger all public transport.
Have been waiting for a bread basket air fiter to arrive which it did today before doing so and read a post about blanking part of the inside to stop spluttering.
Thought I.d send some pictures.Next thing is where is the best place to get some exhaust pipes that will fit.
Ian [theo ]Theobald .Nowra NSW

Youngblood

Re: my motor rebuild

Post by Youngblood » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 am

Looking good
8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:52 am

Motor looks great. Best to wait until motor is in frame to get pipes. You should be able to find some original headers and than have tail pipes, 4-2 or 4-4 to suit.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Ooooh..that looks sweet.! Like Prof said, wait until it's in your frame. You can still get stock Honda headers and aftermarket ones on the net. Make your exhaust after you bolt them on.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”