theos chopper

Chat about choppers here. Any posts considered by forum administrators to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising will be promptly removed...

Moderator: Prof

itheo58
Interests: Honda750 Santee,Yamaha RD250. 1928BSA2 stroke

theos chopper

Post by itheo58 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:30 pm

]G,day folks .has been a while since last wrote.
My bike is at a stage where almost complete requiring a chain guard , sort out the side stand as hits pipes and stop leak in carbies as think new needle and seat playing up or float incorrect.
In NSW we can now club register with 60 days use with log book plus club runs and the bonus is club inspects the bike so no crap going down the ICV path so hope to get this done soon.
I have posted a short clip on YouTube Of bikes first venture out of the garage after being found as pile of rusted and corroded bits .
Clip is titled ....theos chopper.
Still have no clue of it,s origins but is so close to a Santee frame for the Honda 500 although is a 750.
I am told not a Santee as 750 has single tube from steering right down to bottom and also at rear forks not cut off but the 500 is almost if not identical.
Who cares as to me seems to have the right proportions but wonder how guys in The US can get away with no front guards or blinkers etc but want to be safe riding. Hope you like video of how bike has progressed.

itheo58

Re: theos chopper

Post by itheo58 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:38 pm

recent pic of my bike before fitting cables and blinkers but you can see on youtube how it looks complete with instruements

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:39 pm

Had a look at the clip. Chopper looks good, but those pipes are going to cause you grief. Have had them on two choppers brought into my workshop and always the same problem... they are too low for lowered CB's.

Bike looks good all the same. Best of luck with regio. Lookiing forwards to riding with you when we can finally get over there.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:02 am

Just watched the vid. ... Awesome noise from the CB. Bike looks really good in that colour, is Tiger Mica.?
Great job, Theo. Well done.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

itheo58

Post by itheo58 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Actually the colour is the from the Latest Holden Colorado in 4x4 in 2 pack but spray Painter added a bit more fleck or something.
Was going to have in a Candy but advised difficult to touch up.
It seems a lot of places are reluctant to give out colour codes [Harley Davidson etc ] but got it off compliance plate so if at Holden Dealers check it out.
The Latest Mazdas have a nice Metalic Red but glad I chose Orange

itheo58

Post by itheo58 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Latest pic .Orange much brighter in the sun as pic was taken late in evening

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Nice job.
8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:10 am

Ha ha ha.....was just admiring a Mazda 6 yesterday, was beautiful in red. Might have to find the paint code for that.
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

El Skitzo

Post by El Skitzo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Looks good 8)
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

itheo58

Post by itheo58 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:23 pm

]G,day Folks . My Chopper now is registered ,all be it on limited historic plates but at least I can start to hopefully enjoy it.
Has been a struggle lately to fit side stand so that it swings up neat under pipes and fuel bowls that intermitantly leaked even after new needle and seats fitted .
I,m hoping was just dirt so have fitted inline filters which I should of done first.
Now that I can ride will be able to take to an exhaust place or mates and see if we can tweak pipes a little higher on the two outside ones for peace of mind as will just scrape if bike is tipped over 45 degrees but not sure if would ever lean as much ???
NSW has introduced a 2 yr trial on 60 days usage at no additional charge for any historic plated vehicle separate from organised club events ] but I have decided at this stage to just stick with conventional club usage as any maintenance runs would eat into the 60 days where our club currently has a 45 km agreement at any time required ,even night time to check your headlight aim if so required
Can change over later when happy all things completely sorted.
Will update on how bike rides and handles. Ian Theobald
Was hoping to include some recent pictures but don't seem to be able to

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:08 am

Not sure why people have trouble with photos and will get Michael to check it out.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Chopper Chat (includes how to post photos)”