The "Poision Pup"

CA members' and friends' choppers... Discuss and show off your chopper here. Send your photos and description to our email address

Moderator: Prof

Marcus

The "Poision Pup"

Post by Marcus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Stage one of my chopper conversion is complete. 6" extended front forks. 2" lowered konie shocks. Pull back handle bars and custom side stand. Still to come. Sissy bar. Tail light and turn signals. I may change the seat however the CPU for the fuel injection is under the pillion part. My need to update that also.

Bearcx

Re: The "Poision Pup"

Post by Bearcx » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Ooooh......like the pullback bars.!

Is that a Kwaka 9 ?? :shock:
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Bearcx wrote:Ooooh......like the pullback bars.!

Is that a Kwaka 9 ?? :shock:
its a 1980 kz 1000. its what happened to the k9..

TriNortchopz
Interests: Choppers, nature, learning more about choppers

Post by TriNortchopz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:14 am

Just looking for an update - how is that FI system working? I read they were known to be unreliable. See forum discussion here:

"In the early 1980's Kawasaki issued a service bulletin telling dealers to remove the fuel injection and replace with carbs. The system is very unreliable - esp. 30 years on. There are a number of typical causes for problems, the main being the control module itself. new ones are totally unobtainable. Used ones a risky proposition as there is no effective way to test them except slap them on a bike and run the bike for 30-40 minutes or more.

Like any system where gasoline is left in the bike, deposits can accumulate and clog components..."

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum ... elp-2.html

Return to “Your Chopper Pics”