Few Mods to Lowrider

CA members' and friends' choppers... Discuss and show off your chopper here. Send your photos and description to our email address

Moderator: Prof

78gold

Few Mods to Lowrider

Post by 78gold » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 am

Finally finished a few mods to the harley.
Was after something I could take Kerry on two up but also strip down for me to run solo on those days you just want to ride alone.

1. Progressive springs fitted to front end.
2. Progressive 430's fitted to rear.
3. Fork lowers, horn cover, battery trim brake pedal painted black.
4. Avon grips.
5. Avon foot pegs and gear peg.
6. Leather clutch and brake lever cover.
7. Rear tailight conversion.
8. Shortened rear guard.
9. Detachable sissy bar (original fixed)
10. Sundowner seat for two up with Mrs.
11. C&C Seat with chrome rear rack for one up riding.

Here are a couple of happy snaps.

This is before the mods.

This is after Mods with Stock Seat

This is set up for Kerry and I with the Wide Ar$# seat.

The set up as a solo (takes 5 minutes to change, 2 screws)

The new two up seat seems to sit me about an inch higher than the original where the new solo sits me about half an inch lower than the original. The rear sissy and rack are detachable as is the panniers so the whole change is about 5 or 10 minutes. The hardest thing is to find a safe place to store everything when not on bike.

Next, well I want to shorten the bar on the rear blinkers, maybe use a slightly thicker bars and paint black. I have the front indicator relocation brackets to take them from the handlebars to the forks already, just not fitted. Also have smaller genuine Harley LED's which are a bit smaller to be fitted. I just bought a different set of bars with black risers but they are at my Bro-In-Laws in Brissie untill I can sort out getting them down here.

Tex might mean a QLD run in the new year.

Anyway I am happy with the way things are going and when I have a few more ponies saved will probably look to a 95" or 97" kit.

Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

Tex

Re: Few Mods to Lowrider

Post by Tex » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Looks like you got ALL contingencies covered there, Nigel! :D

Happy Wife = Happy Life, plus you get the Solo Getaway too.

xsive

Post by xsive » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm

looks good big fella but you are very naughty you have left mr plods magnets on :roll:
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

78gold

Post by 78gold » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

Steve,
Still saving some ponies to demagnetize the bike.
Think may have to look for something with removable baffles and only fit the Baffles when riding anywhere near singleton/maitland/newwie. :roll:

Probably have to wait untill I sell the Bonnie before will have the $ to do much. I will just have to run the gauntlet. I still havn't run the stationary noise test yet but I will have to soon. May even issue myself a document stating the actual readings, at least I will have something to hand to police if pulled over again.

Tex,
Took Kerry to the Rock and Roll Markets at Sydney Uni on Sunday and she reckons the new seat is great. Actually contemplating riding up to QLD with me in Feb.

They had some great rockabilly music going (live bands) and a lot of corseted rock n roll babes running around. Its on again in early feb so we might have to head out again.

Really enjoying the ride, although I did sneak out n the chop again over the weekend. Its harder to ride, harder to start (no electric leg), leaks oil but I just cant keep the silly grin off my face when I am on it. Thank god (and Kerry) I am allowed to keep three bikes. 8)

Ride Safe
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

Silent Grey Fellow

Post by Silent Grey Fellow » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Great looking ride man
Silent Grey Fellow

xsive

Post by xsive » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 pm

did i see right :D mum said you could keep all three :?: happy days or has she forgotten your xs ? shhhhhhhhhhh :!:
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Looks stacks better than stock.....still not sure about the crash bars............love the solo and rack.

now about the xs/and paper work?

is it right to say K has a "fat a*se"?.......she also looks to have a solid right hook.

Might have to do RnR with ya next time its on. (now,.... papers please?)
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

Neo Dutch

More grunt?

Post by Neo Dutch » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:40 pm

There is a 103 kit on eBay at the moment.
Don't let your luggage define your travels.

78gold

Post by 78gold » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 am

Thanks All,

1stly
Steve, :( :( :(
No three bikes = 1 x Harley + 1 x Trumpy Chop (these two are not negotiable :) )
and EITHER The bonnie or the Yammie. Not 4 in total :)

2ndly
Cromag,
I sorta agree on the crash bars but I am getting used to em and as I get older will be a good place to put some leather wind chaps. :shock:
As for Kerry, I can only say it was her own words regarding the original seat that I am using, do you think I would be game enough to make something like that up. :wink:
The next Rock and Roll Markets are on in Feb (3rd I think), might see if we can get a bit of a roll up, would be good to have a few more bikes there. Might even have a chat to some of the Northerners, they can bunk down at mine if they like. Only prob is that it is a Sunday for those that have to get back for work.
This would make a decent weekend for anyone interested, head south on Sat for a run down to Cromag and the south coast, head back to mine for a BBQ Sat night then Markets and RocknRoll/Bluegrass on Sunday. Might make a couple of phone calls.
On the XS, what papers are we talking about. Still not sure what to sell but probably be the bonnie.

3rdly
Neo,
Thanks for the heads up, I have been watching that but not really in the too good to pass up range yet and I am not that flush at the moment. I can get genuine Screamin Eagle brand new from the states for about $900 inc postage and Gst (if they pull it up.) bit less if no Gst.
I reckon would be better value at $500.

lastly
Silent, thanks man, this is probably the first bike I have had an idea of what I wanted that has stayed solid throughout the process. With the chop things like colours etc seemed to change with the process to get what I wanted, the Harley has been a different process. That said I have a couple of ideas up me sleeve for winter that may require a couple of trips north. :lol:

Anyway back to the grindstone
Ride Safe All
Nigel
Nigel
78 Gold

Return to “Your Chopper Pics”