Finally!

CA members' and friends' choppers... Discuss and show off your chopper here. Send your photos and description to our email address

Moderator: Prof

Oldschoolpaulie

Finally!

Post by Oldschoolpaulie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Finally! 7 months ago, I was rear-ended on my chopper by an SUV while sitting at a red light. Almost killed me. Just got my new ride "somewhat" presentable enough to be road-worthy today! I'm still going to add/ change a few things, (Like the tail light... have a Maltese cross coming any day now) but it was great to blast around finally today after all this time "grounded" in a cage!
A few observations:
1. LOVE the torque, torque torque on tap!
2. The bars HAVE TO GO. Luckly, my nephew is coming home on leave at Christmas, and is going to bring a set of pull-back bars he took of off his bike... these roll my shoulders forward and fold me up on the bike... killing my post-op and double-fractured back!
3. I need to set the forward controls... forward!
4. Didn't need to rejet to go from open pipes w/ velocity stack to open pipes and hypercharger.
5. As to those who warned me that a lowered Road Star was as rough on the rider as a hard tail, (Not here, coworkers and folks on another forum) BULLHOCKNINE! The ride was plenty smooth for me... I just need to get to where I can sit upright on the thing.
6. The wide tire didn't take near as much time to get used to in turns as I feared. Not that bad... though the first turn through an intersection had me wobblin the front end a bunch, looking like I was out for my first ride!
7. ALL OF THAT torque! It blows my old chop away.
8. While I do need to shift the controls forward, I love the quick ratio and postive shifting.
I hate posting this like this, I know its not a pic, but I will shoot some professional grade photos later, as this is part of what I do for a living. Stay tuned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjnAkInLseU

Youngblood

Re: Finally!

Post by Youngblood » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Looks and sounds great, enjoy the bike

8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Roadstar motors are I think the nicest looking modern Jap motors... just a bit overshadowed by the gearbox. Very clean bike.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Oldschoolpaulie

Post by Oldschoolpaulie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Finally found time to shoot some photos the right way.
http://s1007.photobucket.com/user/ourvi ... 3821241468

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Very nice!!!

8) 8) 8)
Youngblood

Return to “Your Chopper Pics”