NEWBIE HERE

CA members' and friends' choppers... Discuss and show off your chopper here. Send your photos and description to our email address

Moderator: Prof

Chopperchopchop
Interests: Choppers, Fishing, Aquarium, bonsai

NEWBIE HERE

Post by Chopperchopchop » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 am

Gday newbie here,

One of my mates is responsible for my newly found interest in choppers. Quite honestly I can ride bikes but I am a #@$% bike rider, well compared to my mates anyway. Although I have ridden many the only motorbike I have ever actually owned was I think from memory a " GT 185 " about well almost 30 years ago. Jacks got me riding without appropriate license. Well that was that. I have always wanted to build something that was a reflection of me. I want to avoid rushing in wasting coin and time doin twice what I didn't research properly the first time. Did some searchin on the net and came up on your site. I don't want to be building a project for ten years either. Once I have the coin to invest in my bike I want to do it and start riding. :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock:

I would like to share with you the bike that got my juices flowin,
Gotta tell you though don't want to end with his problem, as much as I love the bike ( outta my league at the moment).
Spent over 40k, got 500k on the clock, Regency registered, engineers this and that. Now its built and ready hes broke and will take 25k for it :oops: :oops: :oops: How bad does that suck. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wish the missus would let me buy it.

Anyway I dribble a bit hey :lol: :lol:

Check out the beast that's got me going

Sorry folks don't know how to load piccies yet, anyway wanna read what other enthusiasts are doin or done make a blueprint and get started, hopefully I can learn a bit from your combined experience and maybe make a friend or two,..stay safe

Bearcx

Re: NEWBIE HERE

Post by Bearcx » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm

G'day fella, and welcome to the CA website. You mentioned Regency, are you based in SA?
Get yourself a freebie photo host, such as Photobucket or Picasa, load the photos from your compoota to them, then copy and paste on here.
Let us know how ya get on. :D

What make / model / year / engine size etc.... is the scoot?
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Welcome to the fun of bikes
Youngblood

Chopperchopchop

Post by Chopperchopchop » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Howdy B and YB,

Thanks for the welcome yes I am from SA,

Chucked the piccies on Photob, lets see if I can get this to work,+

Piccies are from a elcheapo phone don't really do the bike justice. looks @#$%loads better in the steel :D

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:56 pm

very nice, looks like that would've cost you a bit.
8)
Youngblood

Chopperchopchop

Post by Chopperchopchop » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Didn't cost me dime :D

Its my mates cost him over 40k When I asked what size is the engine I was expecting him to say 12 - 1300.

Its a whopping 2066

Quite honestly I didn't even know bike engines got that big, I would love it but family life 3 kids bla bla bla not in my price range atm.

My mate that built it needs the money now too. So he cant afford to keep it.

But its got my enthusiasm for bikes back. Wanna check out what some other members have done with much cheaper base bikes.
Im a tight bum so I wanna stretch my dollar as far as it will go.

Youngblood

Post by Youngblood » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:28 pm

I guess you will have to visit the Prof at Willunga he will give you some ideas on where to start, you may even see something there that will tickle your fancy.
Youngblood

Return to “Your Chopper Pics”