Ipswich Toy Run

A forum where regional groups can arrange their next meeting or run... When you've gotten a firm date and meeting place and time, email or private message Prof so it can be added to "Next events... page.
pommychopper
Site Admin

Ipswich Toy Run

Post by pommychopper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Anyone gonna go?? :D

bendnstretch

Post by bendnstretch » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:32 pm

PMF are you still interested if so please post.
Trees and bikes are alike...
You can CHOP EM!!

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 am

There won't be any kind of function at Georges as it's the day after he finishes radiotherapy.

If he's up to it he'll join the run.

Sure he'll post here soon.

Cheers :D

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks Shaun, in fact I'll still be in treatment for another week or so after the Toy Run. At best, not going back to work until 30/12/09. No idea how well or not I'll be as the radiation affects everyone differently. My goal is to make the Toy Run one way or another .

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:30 pm

I found out tonight that the Ipswich City council has sponsored the Toy Run to the sum of $2000. This is an acknowledgement of the charitable efforts and community spirit shown by Lockyer Ulysses throughout the year and their Annual Toy Run. Promised numbers from various bike clubs has the current catering for breakfast at 600. Previous years there has been about 30% on top of the ones who buy the badge,breakfast ,etc. who ride in the Toy Run. We have 6 weeks to go and the numbers are looking at 1000 or so. There has been great support from the Qld. Police in the controlling of intersections etc. The local S.E.S. is providing volunteers for additional traffic control. Looking like a great day will be had by all.

Tracker

Post by Tracker » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 pm

any one from coast or nthn nsw going on toy run want to meet and ride up let me know
ride hard stay free

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 am

Latest update on the Toy Run.
If you choose to pay for a breakfast and badge you get a ticket that is valid for every raffle during the day. There are over 40 prizes to be drawn, some worth over $400. There are also about 35 auctions taking place, also with some big dollar items. The chance to pick up a bargain. Remember that all profit from the Toy Run goes to charity.
There has been tremendous support from many businesses and individuals who have donated prizes and services.
Confirmed numbers are now over 700 bikes. This will be a huge day.

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 am

are you going pmf? I think I might get there myself
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:22 am

I'll be there for sure. Having the breakfast and in for the run and the raffles. If I'm well enough we'll turn up on the outfit. If not too good we'll still make it one way or another and make the most of it.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 am

I won't be there, Bird's working!! :D

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:23 am

I'm about to head out to the shed to decorate the sidecar outfit in all its Christmas finery. Oldest grandson is artistic director with heaps of tinsel and garlands. Getting into the spirit of the season.
UPDATE on the toy run. If the chance to spread some Christmas cheer, be generous to those less fortunate and ride in a huge group wasn't enough incentive to take part in the Ipswich toy run there is more. The perpetual raffle draw has now got close to 140 prize draws. If you donate $15 you get a BBQ breakfast, Tea/coffee, bottle of cold water, badge or patch and a raffle ticket that is valid for every raffle draw - that's nearly 140 prizes !

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm

What a day !! I don't have numbers yet but I believe the expected numbers were surpassed. Great weather,if a bit on the hot side. The start had all undercover parking so that was a blessing. Lots of cold water made it better. Met briefly with one C.A. guy. We were setting off so my apologies for the brevity of the welcome and not remembering your name. Good to see you though. What a range of bikes. Classics like HRDs Vincents, Indians and BMWs. All sorts of modern makes. Trikes and sidecars by the tonne. Even a late arrival of a large group on registered monkey bikes. It took just over an hour to get to the end and everything was ready to roll. The Salvos were there with a truck that was quickly filled with toys and food. Cold drinks of all types, hot food, traders and the charity auction getting under way. The raffles saw some happy winners (including me !). The hot weather did get the better of many so by 2pm things were getting very quiet. A cold shower was calling so that was it for us as well.

midnight7503

Post by midnight7503 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:20 pm

sorry I missed it PMF, sounds like you totally enjoyed it
“There is no heaven, there is no hell, except here on Earth.”

johno

Post by johno » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 pm

it was me PMF it was a good day out ,i was surprised by the amount of people lining the route ,people having picnics on the footpath watching the ride ,a few beers at the end made it a good day out

pullmyfinga

Post by pullmyfinga » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:07 pm

For a stack of photos have a look at www.lockyervalleyulysses.webs.com/
Sorry Johno, knew your name started with a "J" but sometimes I have a sive for a memory.

Return to “Regional run and meeting arranging...”