VIC/NSW Meet and Greet

A forum where regional groups can arrange their next meeting or run... When you've gotten a firm date and meeting place and time, email or private message Prof so it can be added to "Next events... page.
RickB56

VIC/NSW Meet and Greet

Post by RickB56 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:57 am

Looking for interest in a VIC/NSW meet and greet to take place in a month or so. This could be smack dab on the border or either side. Some might want to make it a one day up and back event and some might want to return the next day. Tend to think I would be in the latter. Depends on how long the ride is and the weather. I am totally unfamiliar with the area so any suggestions as to sites/accommodations would be great.

ol_750

ride

Post by ol_750 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:17 am

Sounds good , I'll be watching for more details 8) .
Cheers Andrew B
Ride Hard Live Free
Twisties seperate the men from the boys
FarRider 413 "IT'S JUST A ROAD"
2 x XJ750RL , 4 x XJ900 , XS650 , XV1000 TR1,VN1500 Classic.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Fri May 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Wonder if I could make this? (Depends how the missus is going but been OK latily)
As I have an extra 250k I would be wanting an over nighter if I make it.
Last edited by Bacca on Sat May 07, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xsive

2 cents

Post by xsive » Fri May 06, 2011 4:13 pm

perhaps Naranderra not 2 far from the boarder and probably get free accomadation at the top pub if john still owns it. (watching with intereast)
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

RickB56

Post by RickB56 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Narrandera sounds great xsive. Can you check out the pub issue?

Be great if you can make it Bacca. We could catch up in Shepparton.

Anyone have a preferred date??????

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

or June long weekend....in Bombala
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

xsive

sorry

Post by xsive » Fri May 06, 2011 9:29 pm

june long weekend out for me as NSW mushter on 11/12/13 and wouldnt miss it for the world. just in case ya all missed it donny and annes place bellford hunter valley nsw
IM NOT CRAZY ITS JUST OTHER PEOPLES PERCEPTION OF MY NORMALITY THAT DIFFERS

uncle chopchop

Post by uncle chopchop » Sun May 08, 2011 6:36 pm

count me in, would be great to meet you guys and go for a ride!
Loud pipes saves lives!

XSChop

NSW

Post by XSChop » Sun May 08, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi all,
Rick phoned me when thinking of this run and I said Sure good idea go for it!
Now there has been some discussion and expressions of interest but no Proposal !
Other than the June long weekend and Narrandera,
I'm pretty sure the Narrandera pub free accomodation is over. Think it got sold.
And June long weekend is out unless the VICs want to come to the Mushter ?
Another suggestion would be simply to meet at the border Albury/Wodonga ?

But really I think it's up to Rick to propose a date and place so we can all say Yay or Nay and get somewhere. It was your idea Rick so just jump in and propose something. No matter if it doesn't stick.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Sun May 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Wagga Wagga is about 450 from both Melbourne & Syndey so an even run for both lots with a choice of freeway or other roads. I would love to se the air museam at Temora but know this is a bike weekend & as I may not make it just putting this up as a sujestion. Must be a bit to see at Wagga with caravan parks with cabbins.

http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/news/FlyingDates.cfm
November 19th, 2011 MAJOR AIRSHOW

Aircraft Showcase Days will be held on the first and third Saturday of every month with the aim of providing visitors with a personal, interactive and in-depth experience with some of the Museum’s aircraft. Visitors will witness the aircraft being towed from the hangar and watch the pre-flight inspection, servicing and refuelling as it takes place in front of them. The pilot will strap in and start the engine and then the flight will take place. The flying display will vary from a simple handling display to aerobatics or formation flying. The aircraft will land and taxi back to the visitors where they will have the chance to have a chat with the pilot, take photographs, and inspect the cockpit and engine. Audio visual presentations both in the cinema and the Display Hangar will enhance the stories of veterans who will be invited to share with our visitors their wartime experiences. At the conclusion of the flying activity, the Engineering Hangar will be open to all visitors. We have rarely allowed access to the workshop areas, but now visitors will be able to take a closer look at the most diverse range of aviation engineering activities anywhere in the world. Our Engineering Team will demonstrate the projects they are working on and the unique processes, materials and techniques required to keep this fleet of vintage aircraft flying.

XSChop

Temora

Post by XSChop » Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 am

Good one Bacca,
I have a friends who own a B&B right on the airfield at Temora if tha's any help.
It's not about the Bling /:~)>
Well maybe a bit !

RickB56

Post by RickB56 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 am

The Mushter sounds like a kick in the butt, but looks to be a very long ride on a small yammie. I will throw up a date and see what guys think.

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Mon May 09, 2011 8:14 am

WAgga Wagga, great idea....the RAAF museum at Wagga is near two caravan parks...both suck, showers etc ok, but cabins are very ordinary... so wont mind a few bikes around....good thing Wagga only short ride away.

Temora, Rad idea...for a ride....

heard moruya, oyster fest is on soon too
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

RickB56

Post by RickB56 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 pm

OK. Will run this up the flag pole and see who salutes.

Saturday June 4
Narrendara

The old pub/hotel looks a great place to meet. Looks to be a fair number of motels in the area too.
http://www.visitnsw.com/town/Narrandera ... /info.aspx

Would plan to leave early on the 4th to be in Narrendara around 2pm. Return to Melbourne on Sunday the 5th.

Bacca

Post by Bacca » Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Why Narrendara?
Didn't seem to be much to see there last time I was there.

Return to “Regional run and meeting arranging...”