Melbourne / Vic get together

A forum where regional groups can arrange their next meeting or run... When you've gotten a firm date and meeting place and time, email or private message Prof so it can be added to "Next events... page.
Mark36

Melbourne / Vic get together

Post by Mark36 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm just new here and it seems to me it may be time to get some Victorians (and any other members of course)in the shed or on the road or both. I think Rick may be posting something soon so I'm not out to steal his thunder but if everybody puts on their thinking caps and posts at least one idea here then maybe we can come up with something that will appeal to a few and maybe we can get it up and running . As it is already April the cooler weather is coming so it would be nice to make something happen soon. If you do put an idea up then perhaps you could list a couple of dates you are available as well. Some of the obvious are: shed days, meet and greet at a central pub/cafe etc, actual ride for a day, overnight ride etc. if you are interested in one of these then post a comment, if you have a better idea then post that. If your location is not on your profile then add that in your comment so we can maybe tailor something geographically to suit those who are interested . I hope I have put this in the right section of the forum and am not stepping on anyone's toes but at least if anyone wants to tell me to pull my head in then it will give us all something to read :D

fluffer

Re: Melbourne / Vic get together

Post by fluffer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Mate..... I'm in, let me know where and when
.... :wink:
"better to die on your feet than live on your knees"

Mark36

Post by Mark36 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 pm

G'day Fluffer, Thanks for the quick response mate! Which weekend/s are you available? Saturday or Sunday better? Do you prefer shed day, meet and greet, short ride or something better? By the way, have I read it right that you are bootin' off to the mutha country soon? If thats the case hopefully some of the Vics will come out to play even if it's just to say see ya later. I don't know how to "PM" people or even who to "PM" so hopefully a few will read this during the week and show a bit of interest 8)

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:43 pm

At the bottom of each person's post you will see Profile, pm, email. Click the appropriate button to email the author of that post.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 am

Aaaaaaaaaah.. the thing about bein an old retitred pensioner is that every day is a weekend for me so i have to fit in with other folks who actually have commitments around which they have to fit their leisure activities..

That said, I'm outta here on the 24th May and have sold everything that moves including my house. As such I wouldn't say no to anything involving a cruise on the bike before that too is sold...

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 pm

as i know your bike has been kept in tip top condition and only driven at moderate speeds on your way to church once a week, i am willing to sacrifice a small but warm dry spot in my kitchen/lounge/living/bed room...for the period of your journey to northern climes, it wil not be necasary for you to even leave the keys with me,whilst i "mind" it......no dont thank me now, ill be along shortly to pick it up ol mate. Think nothing of it.
Does not work or play well with others
Loud pipes save lives
"These are not the Droids you're looking for"

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 am

Aaah Cromag, there is tear of joy running down my cheek as I realise the sacrifices that blokes like you are prepared to make for blokes like me..

It warms the cockles of me heart that ya would perform such a remarkable act of kindness for me...

Would it be fair ta say that as part of this magnificent service you would also lovingly warm my baby up on a regular basis and just to make sure the leather didn't dry out to much, would you also sit on it once or twice a day....

And I guess it would be churlish of me not suggest that you should take my baby to the pub on a regular basis so that other people could revel in the wondertment of the bike and your sacrifice...

Aaaaaaah, gotta go now and have a little weep of joy at the thought of your sacrifice...

Noblesse oblige et al.....

Mark36

Post by Mark36 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Hey Fluffer, no takers yet but if you're still up for it and still have your bike maybe we can pencil in a date and see what happens. I've got a sneaking suspicion there may be a couple of extra takers for Sunday 28th of April, how's that for you?

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:38 am

LMAO..... sod's law strikes again...., 24-28th April, I shall be fishing the Howqua river...and my dance card is also filled on 5th of May. Apart from that I'm good to go,

Pygmy

Post by Pygmy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 pm

fluffy ol mate ,you can leave your bike with me also, I will release all the horses in that motor and let them finally run at full speed,(ha ha),then they will understand that all pensioners are not the same ,when it comes to turning the throttle wide open. cheers ol mate
Two speeds... flat out and stop

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Aaaaaaaah.

can ya feel the love in the air or not...

All these wonderful blokes willin' ta babysit my luvly FXR while I venture orf to the wilds of Yorkshire (swingin' me piff helmet with a stiff upper lip).

Pygmy: True, all pensioners are not the same, there's ones like me: charming, erudite, tall, good looking and quietly modest.
And then there's one's like you...blokes like you are the reason blokes like me lock up their daughters or anything else that can be ridden into the ground by a
post-pubescant hoon...

No mate, my little FXR is gunna remain pure, virginal and unsullied by evil little hands like yours. :lol: :lol:

Mark36

Post by Mark36 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Hey Fluffer, it seems the enthusiasm from others is somewhat lacking and with your pending departure some decisive action may be required.The weather looks good for this Saturday if ya keen,it may end up just two of us but at least you'll get out before ya go ?

RickB56

Post by RickB56 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Me... I'm still puzzling over how it is that Fluffer is retiring. I mean as all and sundry (sundry being those NSW guys met at Bombala) who have met him can attest, while it is obvious that Fluffer looks much older than me, I am pretty sure he is in fact a fair bit younger. So how is it he is retiring????????
That's just wrong on so many levels!

I am out of town this weekend and every other weekend after this one. So if someone wants to put up a date, let's see if we can't send the old codger off right and proper.

fluffer

Post by fluffer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Mark: The way things are shaping up around here it looks like it is this saturday or nothing, so i was thinking of a ride up the front and down the back (spur) but I'm open ta suggestions..

Rick: Aaaah Rick my boy, come and sit on Fluffies knee and i will tell ya a story (a true story at that)...

A long, long time ago in the kingdom of Oz, a handsome knight by the name of Sir Fluff rode around in his white charger (VJ) ridding the country of alcohol (by consumption) and virgins (by consumption) until the evil hunchbacked prince offered Sir Fluff a job in his counting house.

However, Sir Fluff was really, really bad at his job. So bad that the princes minions decided it would be easier and cheaper to pay Sir Fluff to stay home drinking beer, sleeping late and cuddling naked women (well 1 naked woman).

Ans so it was that peace once again settled on the kingdom and indeeed as you may have guessed "They all lived happily ever after"

The End

Tex

Post by Tex » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Truer story ......

After Sir Fluff was appointed to the position, there was an uprising within the Kingdom. The drinking houses all complained because they were losing their customers due to the constant intolerable behaviour of one particular customer (Sir Fluff); any virgins who were left in the kingdom (after Sir Tex had deflowered most of them) also complained that due to his constant state in intoxication, Sir Fluff could not "complete the deed". And so it came to pass that the prince decided that it was far easier to pension the poor old buggger off, pay him his "redundant" money and send him back to the Old Dart (from whence he came), in order that he may rest his weary bones and recuperate and hopefully regain his drinking, deflowering and fast riding skills, in the forlorn hope that, one day, he would return and once again be able to join the Merry Band of Northerners on their legendary ongoing conquests throughout the Kingdom.

________
Tex
Tex
(Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional)

Return to “Regional run and meeting arranging...”