A crack at some airbrushing !

Paint jobs and moulding on chopper tanks, frames and helmets. Paintings & sketches that express show the many aspects of owning and riding a chopper... Also sculpture... Max size 550 wide, 60,000bytes please... and remember we're G rated...
Timbo

Re: A crack at some airbrushing !

Post by Timbo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Here's me last couple.
Almost time to move from the scrap cardboard boxes to scrap tinsheet.

Rock on !

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:36 pm

excellent results there big fella.
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:12 pm

Finally the skull looks 3D, I put a layer of candy over the top and butchered it to pieces, so here it is in black & silver.

When you finish a great gig, this is how bassplaying makes you feel.
Image[/quote]

Flaming skulls still not bikeworthy, but worth a post to reflect how good the pro's are compared to what the average joe like me can come up with even putting in some effort.
Rock on !

DOA

Post by DOA » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:44 pm

while practicing try this. hold the rattle can further away and spray 2 dust coats. like overspray on the art about 15 minutes apart. then after another 15 minutes clear coat it to a shine. may take an extra coat but the 2 dust coats should seal the base without bleeding or blending.
its a trick i was taught to seal newsprint when inlaying it under a clear coat.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

DOA

Post by DOA » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:47 pm

oh and after you keep it up for another year i will probably want some of your strokes myself because im already partial to tat panther of yours great eye and hand there.. perfect is for computer generated. airbrushing is art.
ride like you stole ya bike.
love like you will only ever do it once.
live like your a different age.

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 pm

DOA wrote:while practicing try this. hold the rattle can further away and spray 2 dust coats. like overspray on the art about 15 minutes apart. then after another 15 minutes clear coat it to a shine. may take an extra coat but the 2 dust coats should seal the base without bleeding or blending.
its a trick i was taught to seal newsprint when inlaying it under a clear coat.
Sounds good, I'll give it a go, there's definitely something wrong with the method I'm using now, I was blaming the crappy $3 rattle can, but by the sounds of that, it was my dodgey technique.
Rock on !

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

G'day Timbo... been wondering what you are up to. How's that HD chopper project you were doing a couple of years ago.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:11 pm

It's going OK Andrew.

In this thread http://www.choppersaustralia.com/forum/ ... php?t=2389 the oil tank I mounted was scrapped, just didn't cut it. I've got a new oil tank shaped up with some crazy curves from 5" tube, got the bungs turned up and tapped with some polished brass fittings ready to go, got the holes (for the bungs) finally located where I want em and holesawed out, got some giant slugs turned and tapped for the mounting brackets, just have to connect the internal breather pipes inside the tank and source a quality brass sight gauge, then it's ready to be done.

I'll take some progress snaps for the above thread when I'm welding it all up. Ran out of argon for the TIG, so I'm going to get the tank %100 tweaked, filed, and fitting together nicely before I hire another gas bottle, then I'll do it all in one hit. It's annoying having a bottle sitting round costing money when you're not using it.

Sourced some great forward controls also, I'll post a pic of them if you like.
Rock on !

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Post by Prof » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Yep. Add some more to our thread when you have time. glad you are still alive and kicking. reread your thread and good to see some out of the box thinking.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Sun May 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Double post dammit !
Last edited by Timbo on Sun May 29, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock on !

Timbo

Post by Timbo » Sun May 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Latest attempt, I'd almost have a crack at a bike if the stakes wern't too high. Problem is I doubt many people want gothic faces on their bikes. :-)

Rock on !

dg6oo2

Post by dg6oo2 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey big fella my offer of a tank and gaurds to flame still stands as my tank has to be modified, welded and hot tanked as the previous owner used 2 pack clear as a tank liner and i put a bloody big scratch in the rear gaurd. :( :(
friends welcome family by appiontment only.

Return to “Biker Art...”